MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:21 pm
Very click baity headline there from music radar and clearly done to suggest he was talking about the current MPCs. Akai probably fuming, although they seem to put more worth in youtube influencers these days.

Remember when they claimed DJ Premier (and a host of other big name producers) 'consulted' on the MPC Renaissance? :lol:

Still love Shadow's work, going to see him next year, tickets on sale tomorrow :)
By kja Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:44 pm
They need shade until they can get their act together.. years of plug in problems is not a good look.. I think they could fix it by taking away the authorization but they are greedy.. they need the word to get out there is problems.. This will help. None of my mpc's can download the new plug in that came out yesterday..lol. it is a joke at this point.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:02 pm
kja wrote:They need shade until they can get their act together.. years of plug in problems is not a good look.. I think they could fix it by taking away the authorization but they are greedy.. they need the word to get out there is problems.. This will help. None of my mpc's can download the new plug in that came out yesterday..lol. it is a joke at this point.

I totally get that it's frustrating for you, but you can't really knock Akai for seeing the opportunity in the plugin eco-system, they probably make more money from software than hardware these days.

They needed a bespoke auth system as they deal with so many different licensing environments. If the system wasn't working for most people then customers would vote with their wallets. But that's clearly not what's happening, plugins (seem to be) flying out, so I suspect ultimately we have a minority of users with these issues (skewed by the usual fact that social media attracts complaint posts while happy customers tend to be quiet).

They'll hopefully get there in the end, but it's hard to test something like this within a private beta testing system, it needs putting out to the masses to start picking up all the edge cases.

Once the auth system is sorted I would prefer to see Akai pause on new plugins and instead put some focus on other parts of the eco-system, such as improvements to core functionality (sampling, keygroups, sequencing, audio tracks, browser etc). But ATM it seems like an endless train of plugin releases is inevitable. Well, until they run out of ideas or people just get bored of it all (at which point I suspect they'll open it all up to third party plugin developers to pick up the scraps).
By kowalski Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:40 am
jpeg wrote:r u the same pad pusher guy who madeup the mpc live mini? cos same name
kowalski: Pad Pusher

They are available now online approx. 2,5k€. Hopefully, as no one seems to know about it, very few people will buy one and theyll drop the price.

"i don't know about X therefore it is made up" good luck using that hueristic.
By B-Wise Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:05 am
kowalski wrote:
jpeg wrote:r u the same pad pusher guy who madeup the mpc live mini? cos same name
kowalski: Pad Pusher

They are available now online approx. 2,5k€. Hopefully, as no one seems to know about it, very few people will buy one and theyll drop the price.

This post would've made more sense if you gave a link. I think you was desperate to use the word heuristic (that you misspelled) . :Sigh:
By kowalski Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:14 pm
B-Wise wrote:
kowalski wrote:

This post would've made more sense if you gave a link. I think you was desperate to use the word heuristic (that you misspelled) . :Sigh:

"Hopefully, as no one seems to know about it, very few people will buy one and theyll drop the price." ... "would've made more sense if you gave a link" lol nope, it would have made 0 sense if I gave a link. It's not complicated ... maybe if you concentrated less on inconsequential typos and more on the content you'd ahve followed along. How very autistic of you.