MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai

By renegadebliss Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:46 pm
OJ Reem wrote:
They Z series samplers and the MPC 4000 were developed together and released about the same time. You may have been able to get one or the other first depending on where you lived. But both came out in 2002. Everything is nearly identical all the way down to the expansion options. You really did buy a "first generation" product.

Hmmm. for their hardware sampler line, the Akai S-612 is their first generation.... It was released in 1986.

By moyphee Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:49 pm
renegadebliss wrote:
OJ Reem wrote:
They Z series samplers and the MPC 4000 were developed together and released about the same time. You may have been able to get one or the other first depending on where you lived. But both came out in 2002. Everything is nearly identical all the way down to the expansion options. You really did buy a "first generation" product.

Hmmm. for their hardware sampler line, the Akai S-612 is their first generation.... It was released in 1986.

ehhh ehhh!

Alex Trebek: Your answer is correct renegadebliss but no points because it was not in the form of a question.

By k1 Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:25 am
Oh, oh I know this:

"What is the Akai S-612?"

By Cheebatone Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:33 pm
k1 wrote:Oh, oh I know this:

It was a COMPLETE pain in the arse - but quite fun too. It had to sliders to set the start and end points of your sample ...and an add-on rack to store your discs!

http://www.ozdeals.com.au/sale/Akai-S612&MD280a-a.jpg

By moyphee Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:38 pm
Cheebatone wrote:
k1 wrote:Oh, oh I know this:

It was a COMPLETE pain in the arse - but quite fun too. It had to sliders to set the start and end points of your sample ...and an add-on rack to store your discs!

http://www.ozdeals.com.au/sale/Akai-S612&MD280a-a.jpg

Ahhh 2.8 QD bliss! I had the S-612 and S10 too. I remember the 2.8 QDs costing almost $30/10. With only 1 second per side , there was no "less is more" grandstanding.

I do remember the sample rate could lowered to the point that the sound was almost unrecognizable.

By Bazziman Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:50 pm
OJ Reem wrote:While you guys are debating which MPC is the king and whether the MPC 5000 is worth your money, I will be sitting in the studio beating on the pads.

Your post count in this sub forum tells an entirely different story.