MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai

By master-ceo Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:59 am
distortedtekno wrote:
master-ceo wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:Akai went and corrected that typo in the manual for the USB connection. I just checked it out now. If anyone's got the first manual with that typo, please upload it.

Here you go FAM.
I knew they was gone do that. Thats why I made sure and saved it. Frickin BUMZ. :lol: :twisted:

MPC 3500/5000 Refrence Manual
http://www.zshare.net/download/6687628e48f3db/

thanks bro. they didn't waste any time correcting that typo.... especially considering it's the weekend.

no doubt.

By renegadebliss Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:47 pm
OJ Reem wrote:While the MPC 4000 users are still upset about a machine that was released 6 years ago.

Are you sure of that? Most of the posts that I've seen from known 4000 users including myself, or more wondering (Not upset) why Akai didn't release a product NOW (has nothing to do with the 4000, has everything to do with the 5000) that doesn't give them an oportunity upgrade. Most 4000 users were expecting a 5000 at some point. They just were hoping it would build apon the already proven features, rather then give them less features then they already have.

So I think you are missing the point, because they point that they are all making about is the 5000.

That's all. I"l'l keep using my 4000, until it breaks, or either Akai, Roland or any other company puts out a product that allows me to do what I do. And What I do, requires more then 512M of RAM, not less.

Cheers,
Dave

By OJ Reem Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:55 pm
renegadebliss wrote:
OJ Reem wrote:While the MPC 4000 users are still upset about a machine that was released 6 years ago.

Are you sure of that? Most of the posts that I've seen from known 4000 users including myself, or more wondering (Not upset) why Akai didn't release a product NOW (has nothing to do with the 4000, has everything to do with the 5000) that doesn't give them an oportunity upgrade. Most 4000 users were expecting a 5000 at some point. They just were hoping it would build apon the already proven features, rather then give them less features then they already have.

So I think you are missing the point, because they point that they are all making about is the 5000.

That's all. I"l'l keep using my 4000, until it breaks, or either Akai, Roland or any other company puts out a product that allows me to do what I do. And What I do, requires more then 512M of RAM, not less.

Cheers,
Dave

This is just my observation by the numerous comments left in these thread. I know you can't tell peoples intentions completely by reading what they write, but there are numerous threads in all the internet forums like sound like hate mail to me. We can agree to disagree who is missing the point (me, you, or Akai). But what is evident by the release of the MPC 5000, is it addresses improvements wanted by a larger consumer base (non-MPC 4000 users)....just specualtion I guess.

By AWW_NAWW Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:08 pm
if my 4k died right no I'd but another one off of ebay or sumthin

By OJ Reem Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:13 pm
AWW_NAWW wrote:if my 4k died right no I'd but another one off of ebay or sumthin

If I were you, I would do the same thing.

By moyphee Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 pm
Page 174 of the original manual. It ain't no typo that's for damn sure. :P

By elektrik_muz Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:09 am
alpha80 wrote:I wonder what we'd find if we cracked them both (4000 & 5000) open and compared processors? :twisted:

Well, the 4000 is that known obsolete Intel thingy. That's all in the archive and elsewhere.

The Not Really 5000 but actually 3500? I haven't really researched it too much, but my guess is it's one of the newer models from the same Renasas family as the 1000 and 2500. The newer stuff is a little bit faster, has USB2 support etc. Sounds about right.

Just slightly more standard memory (but the same expansion limitation) and maybe a dedicated drive controler? That might help with the streaming.

It obviously is "just" a 3500.

I wonder if Akai will stoop to the same number-switching routine in future rebate offers.

By elektrik_muz Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:10 am
input failure double post.

By Teletran1 Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:47 am
OJ Reem wrote:
PS...since Akai let the cat out the bag...I guess we can start talking about the new MPC 3500 designed by Roger Linn. It will be a special/limited edition MPC which has practically the same hardware as the original (plus a few improvements) but with a completely updated flash based operating system.

I don't even think this would be a good idea unless he changed a lot.

By emu1820 Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:35 am
haha nice one trick.. i think all the 3000 guysare just laughin about your problems... :D
By crossfade Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:38 am
Well I guess akai better figure out what they want to do before they release the all new 3500 or 5000 or 2500xl or whatever those great engineers over at akai think of next.
What do you all think the price guide should be?????? I sayyyy

mpc500 = $299
mpc1000= $499
mpc2500= $999
mpc3500= $1299

Then maybe I'll pick up a 3500,
otherwise- likdeaznutz akai

By Avene Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:05 am
I can't see what the big deal is.. So they changed the name.. That's cool, 5000 sounds more appealing, and it's got features no previous MPC has ever had.

They just need to provide better support for it than any of their previous MPCs.