MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai

By kebzer Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:52 am
OJ Reem wrote:
As of sudden, you know everything about me and that I haven't used a 2500. Well, I wouldn't expect less from a person who is convinced on buying something completely new by just watching promo corporate videos.

Anyway, you think that I lack knowledge or the funds to get something new like a 2500? Man, I just bought an s950, why the **** do I have to argue over this? I know exactly the sound I am looking for and no new school MPC is offering that, period. Now go check on some Premo beats and compare them with your flawless Numark 2500.

I am simply saying that if you used an MPC 2500 and an XL, you would know that the sequencer is nearly identical. In fact most of the MPCs sequencers are very close. They haven't changed much over the years.

So you just bought a $150 S950 so you can be like Premo? Nothing wrong with that.[/quote]

Wrong again. I never talked about the various functions of the sequencer. I only said about the sequencer "feel" which some translate as "swing". If you fail to understand this very important aspect of sequencers and regard everything from the now legendary 3000 to the 2500 as the same, I am sorry.

Also, wrong again. I bought a 500$ mint s950 as a piece of sampling history and as an addition to my drum and bass modules. Now go play with re-sample in 2500 and guess how a 12bit kick should sound.

By OJ Reem Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:17 am
^^^
Your quotes are all wrong. The swing settings on the MPC 2500 are now identical to the XL. If you dial in the exact same settings on both units, and get different results, that would be the start of a new educational thread perhaps.

Now, you obviously wanted that sampler really bad..but I use to find those things for $100-$200 bucks now people are hawking them for $500 because some kids heard premo using one. Enjoy that 12 bit kick.

By kebzer Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:59 am
Man, either you're just a plain **** idiot, or you just desperately trying to look smart. If a 27 year old looks like a kid to you, then you're probably way too old to be hanging on fora. Either way, again you're acting like you know everything about me. And again, I score and you shut the **** up.

As for that s950, guess what: you're not the only one who can find one for less than 100 bucks. However, I don't think it would be fully refurbished and shipped some 5.000 miles away +2 years guaranty.

Last and hopefully least, it appears that you have absolutely no **** idea about what swing and groove is on a beat. You just dial shit and guess that since those numbers are the same, everything else is the same too. Based on your talking, that MPC 3000 must be just an outdated piece of junk, right?

That was my last post on this thread. You're probably employed by Numark, which is the reason for your meaningless support to those plastic toys. Whatever, enjoy them and leave the rest of us trying to be like Premo or PR.

By OJ Reem Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:07 pm
^^^
Regardless of what you think/feel...you still got your quotes wrong.

By soulscientist Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:38 pm
Lets stick to the topic in this thread! Only comment more if you have any info on shipping plz....

By OJ Reem Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:44 am
soulscientist wrote:Lets stick to the topic in this thread! Only comment more if you have any info on shipping plz....

The shipping question was answered in the first page.

You can call Sweetwater to see if they will pre-order it and ship it to you. They can only ship certain products outside the US but you will have to call them to find out.

The other option is to simply contact Akai or an Akai dealer in your home country to see if they can provide you with additional information.

By mjames4208 Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:13 pm
THIS WAS THE FUNNIEST THREAD THAT I'VE EVER READ.... ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S: if Akai want to build a fulfledged 24/96 sampler, I am
sure that they can/would have...

So what does that tell you?
It tells me that they are holding
out and testing the waters.....
And I bet all the money in the world
that in Winter namm 2010/2011
(after they've finished milking the cow {MPC5000})
they will drop the MPC of MPCs.

that being said, I've already preordered my MPC5000 :D
and will enjoy the hell out of it.... I may let my son have
my MV8k.. or just throw that piece of shyt in the trash...

By tonyp86 Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:46 am
mjames4208 wrote:I may let my son have
my MV8k.. or just throw that piece of shyt in the trash...

LMAO................... :lol: