MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai

By toxictobi Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:09 am
naugie wrote:5000 is a flop just because the os will have bugs and will never get fixed..that thing about 20years of engineering lol what is it 5month of programming knowledge to give us mpc4000 os and 2500os and mpc1000 os and mpc500 os lol...dude im telling u now ive emaied and kept great contact with akai on bugs while u guys were pimpn the jj os i stuck with akai os and sent bug reports daily to akai.. still they arent fixed..akai is a shading company..they have **** support and care only on getting new customers not fixing problems that current customers have with there box...mpc5000 is a flop i would only buy it if jj made an os for it i trust my money with jj not akai.

If you hate akai that much, you should buy the jj-hardware(jpc) :D

By tonyp86 Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:22 am
shit I already know I plan on coppin one, it looks pretty damn good to me, I love the idea of being able to make my own sounds and all, plus I really want an mpc as my sequencer since all I have now is my asr-10, which is fine, but I really want those extra outs, all that extra stuff, and I'd rather wait 6 to 8 months after its out to buy it 2nd hand from someone who bought one and doesnt know what the hell to do with it.............

By NguoiDuc Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:24 pm
5000 is a flop just because the os will have bugs and will never get fixed..

How do you know that??? Maybe they put an effort in that OS and it is more or less bug free?!?!?! Maybe some day a company realises its mistakes and changes?!?!? Only because a company did 2 two or three products with questionable quality it does not mean they do it for their time being.

I doubt that the 5000 will be a flop! It's just some sort of other direction. Maybe you have to accept that an MPC nowadays won't be that classic "chop-sample-programm-beat" machine!

I like the synth idea since I think it will be hard to get companies to programm multi-samples for a hardware unit. Most of them commercial libraries run as Kontakt, GIGA or whatever format! [/url]

By tonyp86 Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:32 pm
NguoiDuc wrote:
5000 is a flop just because the os will have bugs and will never get fixed..

How do you know that??? Maybe they put an effort in that OS and it is more or less bug free?!?!?! Maybe some day a company realises its mistakes and changes?!?!? Only because a company did 2 two or three products with questionable quality it does not mean they do it for their time being.

I doubt that the 5000 will be a flop! It's just some sort of other direction. Maybe you have to accept that an MPC nowadays won't be that classic "chop-sample-programm-beat" machine!

I like the synth idea since I think it will be hard to get companies to programm multi-samples for a hardware unit. Most of them commercial libraries run as Kontakt, GIGA or whatever format! [/url]

dat's what I'm trying to get at, I'd rather get on early and find out how to work it and make that magic before it catches on (if it does) since mad ppl are already shitin on it before its even out yet

By naugie Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:11 pm
okay the 2 above me are clearly not samplist...i dont understand why u need pointless features when u can have more machine for less money...damn theres even free open source waveditors that let u generate tones and have support for plugins and u still think the mpc5000 is worth the money...the thing that bothers me that the mpc5000 is missing are extra loop features witch the 4000 has but the 5000 doesnt...plus crossfade loop ownz and waveditors have this features 5000 doesnt..the 5000 aint for me and ur not helping me understand why u need it when its so god damn expensive..i can shell out reasons for u to study alternatives for every reason on why u want a 5000...

By shank_carvin Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:47 pm
Naug, This has proberly been said before but whats your beef? This is a MPC forum so whats with the avatar? I have never had any probs with my 2500 and I got original OS not JJ. I think the 5000 looks and sounds the business 300 synth tones tho f*ck with, a multitrack, line/mic/deck, inputs plus the extra outs and fxs. I will proberly save for one if I can manage it. also what are the benefits of these loop functions your bangin on about? all the stuff I mentioned on the pro side are the only things I miss on my 2500.
By Kd Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:54 am
Potential 5000 users, are users who dont know what a 4000 is and are still poppin zits in the mirror wait'n on ya nuts to drop.
By LvngDead Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Kd wrote:Potential 5000 users, are users who dont know what a 4000 is and are still poppin zits in the mirror wait'n on ya nuts to drop.

rofl. they're two different beasts though man. The 4000 is good for advanced users (havent touched one so I'm just guessing based on reviews) and the 3500 is good for everyone else.
By Kd Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:59 am
Your right bro, as I have not touched a 5000. I quess i just see no point in this particular forum, considering the speculation quotient is so high and I guess i was just being an a**hole. My apologies comrads. Sorry I quess im contributing the very thing I find unappealing about forums, all the b*tch*ng and complaining. To each his own!
By sabotagebeatz Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:26 pm
can this new mpc 5000 basicly do the same thing the mv8800 can do or more , as far as programming a sound on a pad without hitting the sample button?

By mjames4208 Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:38 am
the MPC is a 16/44.1 phrase sampler... and the MV has a 16/44.1 full sampler. the MV has 512mb ram... the MPC has 192mb ram(i think)... the MPC has a REAL VA Synth engine... the MV has VA Bass Modeling.... the MV has 6 banks per pad..... the MPC has 4..... the MV has VGA and mouse option.... the MPC does not... the MV has an option for additional analog outputs... additional outputs standard on the MPC.... you can record audio on the MV ( but it will eat up your ram )... you can record audio on the MPC (streamed from the hard drive)l......

By b-righteous Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:31 am
MV is also just a phrase sampler.

By mjames4208 Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:35 am
I thought that was emplied when I said Full Fledge Sampler.... my bad

By Cheebatone Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:30 pm
It's also worth mentioning (for potential European users) that the 8-out expansion board for the MV8800 is not RoHS compliant, so you'll be stuck with just the stereo outs.

By Lampdog Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:57 pm
mjames4208 wrote:the MPC is a 16/44.1 phrase sampler...

http://www.akaipro.com/prodMPC5000.php
In addition, the MPC5000 features a 64-voice drum/phrase sampler with 64MB memory - expandable up to 192MB.