MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai

By 7 1 4 Beats Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:26 pm
OJ Reem wrote:Thanks for posting this link for the MPC 5000. $2499 shipping at the end of Feb? Akai is really on top of their game with this one....

That's wrong it's not coming out till APRIL '08 my homie isn't even done doing all the internal sounds.

By OJ Reem Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:29 pm
7 1 4 Beats wrote:
OJ Reem wrote:Thanks for posting this link for the MPC 5000. $2499 shipping at the end of Feb? Akai is really on top of their game with this one....

That's wrong it's not coming out till APRIL '08 my homie isn't even done doing all the internal sounds.

Your probably right...but I only posted what was said in the link. I already have my unit pre-ordered.

By sparq Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:56 pm
Blue Haze wrote:
sparq wrote:yo Blue, remember a conversation we had a while ago. it's finally here.......

Yep it is here finally. I remember you talking about it almost two yrs back if I remember correctly. 8)
damn it's been that long.

By OJ Reem Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:33 am
Is Nym and Sparq the same person?

By phenix Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:47 pm
OJ Reem wrote:Potential (faithful) MPC 5000 users,

There are plenty of infidels among us. Some of you may have to question your own faith. You have to let go of the anger, hate, disappointment, etc. It's called the MPC 5000 and not the MPC 3500, 2500XL, or the most expensive MPC in Akai's history. Nicknaming it as such is not being for the MPC 5000. If users can't accept/believe in it why would anyone else? Once we start accepting it, we can network and help build up this unit to make it live up to it's name and not simply tear it down. It is quite obvious that this MPC will have OS updates in the future. It already appears to incorporate hardware/technology from the Fusion (I think this is a good thing). So it's potential may not be limited by its current spec sheet.

I plan on purchasing the MPC 5000 as soon as it is available. It will be a replacement for my MPCs. I am willing to take that leap of faith.

Nice to see that no matter what kind of garbage a company puts out,there will always be people that buy it.And even if we replace the word garbage with "non competative".
I'm quite sure you will be waiting on the o.s. updates for just as long as the people with the 4000 are waiting on there's.GOOD LUCK??!!

By OJ Reem Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:27 am
It sounds like you picked the wrong MPC. MPC 3000, 2000/2000XL, and the MPC 2500 are great products to me and many others. With that track record, I expect the same with the MPC 5000.

By sparq Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:36 am
OJ Reem wrote:Is Nym and Sparq the same person?
nah, 2 totally different people. but share alot of the same views. what made you think that

By sparq Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:42 am
what people may not understand, is that with the 4000, it was Japan's Akai's last product before Numark and team took over. i can't vouch for the 1k's missing updates but the reason why there hasn't been a 4k until now is because akai started focusing on the newer products and then upcoming new mpc; the 5000. I also can't comment on why it was tagged 3500 then changed to 5000. I can just say the reason for the non os release for the 4k.

By Blue Haze Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:06 am
sparq wrote:what people may not understand, is that with the 4000, it was Japan's Akai's last product before Numark and team took over. i can't vouch for the 1k's missing updates but the reason why there hasn't been a 4k until now is because akai started focusing on the newer products and then upcoming new mpc; the 5000. I also can't comment on why it was tagged 3500 then changed to 5000. I can just say the reason for the non os release for the 4k.

You hit it right on the nail.

All and all it comes down to the user.

By phenix Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:09 am
OJ Reem wrote:It sounds like you picked the wrong MPC. MPC 3000, 2000/2000XL, and the MPC 2500 are great products to me and many others. With that track record, I expect the same with the MPC 5000.

On the contrary,I picked the right machine.....2000xl

By scd Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:20 am
sparq wrote:what people may not understand, is that with the 4000, it was Japan's Akai's last product before Numark and team took over. i can't vouch for the 1k's missing updates but the reason why there hasn't been a 4k until now is because akai started focusing on the newer products and then upcoming new mpc; the 5000. I also can't comment on why it was tagged 3500 then changed to 5000. I can just say the reason for the non os release for the 4k.

I have still hope for a bugfixing update for the 4k.
By spec235 Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:22 am
mpc 5000 looks hot i made records just with the mpc 60mkii.made lot of money with that only.just be happy we got a new mpc to mess with its the multis that only feature that sucks that missings.true hip hop beat makers can rock it.primos mpc60 s950 combo sells mucho records. make music dont diss this new baby so much lates kids

By OJ Reem Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:54 pm
sparq wrote:
OJ Reem wrote:Is Nym and Sparq the same person?
nah, 2 totally different people. but share alot of the same views. what made you think that

You disappeared at the same time her started to emerge as the MPC 1000 champion :D

phenix wrote:
On the contrary,I picked the right machine.....2000xl

So if you do own/use the MPC 2000XL what "garbage" are you talking about then? Since the MPC 2000XL was released, Akai has came out with the MPC 4000, MPC 1000, and the MPC 2500. The MPC 4000 is a much better product inspite of what is being said in the forums. The MPC 2500 is similar to the 2000XL but far superior in every way. The MPC 1000 is far superior to the XL in its feature set. So..if you are talking about garbage..you must be talking about the XL or just making things up just because.....I said it before...if Akai supports the MPC 5000 as they have the MPC 2500, that is all I can ask for as a consumer because I have no complaints about the MPC I am using.

By BlackChyld Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:05 pm
Jahrome I mean OJ, you're a **** hypocrite fam..

By naugie Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:46 pm
5000 is a flop just because the os will have bugs and will never get fixed..that thing about 20years of engineering lol what is it 5month of programming knowledge to give us mpc4000 os and 2500os and mpc1000 os and mpc500 os lol...dude im telling u now ive emaied and kept great contact with akai on bugs while u guys were pimpn the jj os i stuck with akai os and sent bug reports daily to akai.. still they arent fixed..akai is a shading company..they have shit support and care only on getting new customers not fixing problems that current customers have with there box...mpc5000 is a flop i would only buy it if jj made an os for it i trust my money with jj not akai.