MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai

By Cheebatone Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:56 am
crossfade wrote:Why is akai charging so much for old technology?

Because you live in the most democratic, free-market economy the world has ever known - and not the People's Republic of America.

The downside to this is; Stuff costs money. The upside is; You don't HAVE to buy an MPC5000.

Oh, and by the way...

crossfade wrote:WHAT YEAR ARE WE IN NOW AKAI????2008? oh my god ASDR in the new 5000 wow what technology akai??Ensoniq had it in 1992.....How many years ago was that??

The answer you're looking for is; Sixteen.
Last edited by Cheebatone on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

By toxictobi Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:57 am
^once again, nice pic.
go and have sex with one of the 3 superior machines(you sure got all of them)just use the input-jacks :D
even children can see that the 5000 won´t be that complicated,
but I like the fact that the 5000 will be a quite simple machine just all like the other mpcs, exept the 4000.
If I want computer-specs (2GBRam etc) I´ll better buy a computer.
By NguoiDuc Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:09 pm
crossfade wrote:All I can say is WOWOWOWOWOWOW
Let me stick with my mpc 1000 and ASRX and Protools, THATS ALL I NEED.

So, why don't you just stick with your gear and stop bitching about specs neither the 1000 nor the 5000 has.

People often excpect world changing innovations, but only small garage style companies will be as brave an launch niche products with new innovive features. AKAI is more like "Hey let's build a unit that sells at least xxxx times!" Than they do market research and find out, people would pay 2500$ for something th does recording sequencing and sound synthesis. After that they ask their developers what kind of unit you can build, that profitably sells at 2500$.

Ask one AKAI developer what kind of machine he would like to build. End then ask the MANAGER what he wants. What kind of discrepancy can you expect??? The people do decide have an MBA and are no musicians and therefore f*ckin don't care about how much freakin effects there are in or whatever! :?

By distortedtekno Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:35 am
after seeing this topic going in circles for 10 pages, it's time to shut it down.
i'm getting tired of all the bullsh!t around here!