MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By MARCODANE79 Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:45 am
This is something I though I should share with the people who have a MPC4000 and want to purchase a MPC5000 :

Hi Marco,

The sequence and programs from a 4000 cannot be loaded though the .mid files and the sounds can be used. We expect the 5000 to be released sometime in the 2nd quarter.

Best Regards,

Justin Baro

Akai Pro Technical Support

200 Scenic View Drive

Ste.201

Cumberland, RI 02864

401-658-4032

-Due to the high volume of email please include all original messages when replying to this message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 11:26 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: MPC5000

I wanted to ask if the mpc5000 would be able to load the programs, seqeunces,and sounds from the mpc4000. Also I wanted to know what will be the first day Akai will release the mpc5000 to buy from local music stores and online?

Thanks,

Marco

By the average man Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:47 pm
I can't say I'm not surprised...

and this the same species that put a man in space? :?

By renegadebliss Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:58 pm
Sounds like some intelligent tech support there:

They are saying that the sequence and programs from the 4000 cannot be loaded
from a midi file.

Of course the Program can't be loaded from a Midi file, it's stored as program file.
And then after they say it can't be loaded, but it can play the sounds.. how can
it play the 4000's sounds, if it can't load up the 4000's sounds..

Then since the 4000 can store it's .mid file as Midi Standard File 0 or 1, are they
saying that the 5000 can't load standard midi files?

Sounds like this Tech Support Engineer needs to lay down the crack pipe for a second
and think about what he's writing...

Cheers,
Dave

By k1 Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:43 pm
I think you need to check your reading glasses buddy...
Tech support says that sequence and program files can't be loaded, .mid files and the sounds CAN be used.
(He should've included a "," or a "but" in the sentence to make you understand it easier.)
So it definitely supports MIDI.
And the sounds is nothing but samples, so that can of course be supported as well.
You will need to make new programs though...

By MARCODANE79 Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:23 am
You would think that since the MPC5000 is the new flag ship they would have made it where it load any of the MPC files from any MPC before the MPC5000 but I assume that would have been to much work or time spent on making tat apart of the plans. 8)

By Mike Feedback Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:01 am
k1 wrote:He should've included a "," or a "but" in the sentence to make you understand it easier.

he didn't need to, he used the word "though".

The sequence and programs from a 4000 cannot be loaded though the .mid files and the sounds can be used.

i think maybe renegadebliss misread it as the word "through".

By k1 Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:11 am
Mike Feedback wrote:i think maybe renegadebliss misread it as the word "through".

My thought exactly ;)