MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai

By fur*q Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:35 pm
Yea i think this guy is just on demo repeat mode for the namm show.

By Bazziman Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:23 pm
[sarcasm]
No way? Are you for real? A NEW MPC? The 5000? Jolly!
And there's vids of it on a webemadingdong called 'your tube'? This interweb never ceases to amaze me! Where could I download one of these MPC5000s? This is soooo NEAT!
[/sarcasm]

By jellyjim Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:20 pm
Bazziman wrote:[sarcasm]
And there's vids of it on a webemadingdong called 'your tube'? This interweb never ceases to amaze me! Where could I download one of these MPC5000s? This is soooo NEAT!
[/sarcasm]

Your reply is gay

By Cheebatone Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:37 pm
jellyjim wrote:Your reply is gay

There's a joke about Brighton in there somewhere... :wink: :D

By jellyjim Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:54 am
Cheebatone wrote:
jellyjim wrote:Your reply is gay

There's a joke about Brighton in there somewhere... :wink: :D

haha!

it's all a bit exaggerated to be honest .. um, or so i'm told

By Bazziman Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:02 pm
jellyjim wrote:
Bazziman wrote:[sarcasm]
[/sarcasm]

Your reply is gay

Dude,
there's no need to get homophobic on me if you can't take a jab.

Take a chill pill, okay?

Peace.

By Cheebatone Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:34 am
Bazziman wrote:Dude,

Relax - He doesn't mean gay as in 'bad', he means gay as in 'wrong'. It's British slang thing that obviously gets lost in the translation.

By Bazziman Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:00 pm
Cheebatone wrote:
Bazziman wrote:Dude,

Relax - He doesn't mean gay as in 'bad', he means gay as in 'wrong'. It's British slang thing that obviously gets lost in the translation.

I know what the word means, thank you. I just don't think one should use such terminology in response to an obvious joke.

By jellyjim Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:58 am
it has become a british slang word for "lame", i used to not like to use it because it felt homophobic (personally i like girls but who other people sleep with is none of my business and i have no problem with our gay brothers and sisters) but it's become so ubiquitous that it's hard to avoid

so, let's try again

[sarcasm]
[/sarcasm]

Your reply is lame

haha! i'm just kidding .. i didn't really understand your original post that's why i replied with nonsense

i didn't think i was the first to spot the mpc5k or anything! i just thought the video had a bit more detail than other videos i'd seen of the mpc

anyway let's not waste another second of our lives on this my follow european from the land of clean cities, gorgeous women and legalised cannabis :)

By Cheebatone Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:05 pm
Bazziman wrote:I know what the word means, thank you. I just don't think one should use such terminology in response to an obvious joke.

So, what you're saying is it's OK for you to comandeer whatever langauge you see fit, for the purposes of humour (even when no-one else appears to have found it funny), but the same isn't true for Jim, because he uses words you deem unfit?

Who died and made you Queen of the Comedy Police?

I don't have time to go into the relative merits of the post-ironic slur but, suffice to say, lighten up fella - it's not the end of the world.