MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By Recordkingz Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:27 pm
AKAI have just confirmed MPC 5000 European debut at DV EXPO on the 28th of Febuary
im going down there to check this machine out with my friends as we all intrested in one
and also i will try and scoop some other nice gear while im there
its an actual chance to check out some great kit on the day for yourself rather than wondering whats it like ?
i hope this is of some nice intrest to some of you
regards
juliano

By Mantis Beats Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:02 pm
Sweeeeet ! :D

By chessmoves Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:16 pm
..........and you know it bro.

Peace.

By fur*q Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:17 am
Just take a goddamn video camera or summik that can record video.

By NguoiDuc Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:56 am
I'm gonna check it out at Frankfurt Musikmesse 2008 beginning of March. But I'm curious what you say about it after you actually touched the unit! :D
By herby Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:25 pm
Cheebatone wrote:
Recordkingz wrote:AKAI have just confirmed MPC 5000 European debut at DV EXPO on the 28th of Febuary...

Where is this being held? I'd like to go along.

In Clapham at the Digital Village Pro Audio Expo. This is a free event (unlike Sounds Expo which DV has previously sponsored) with loads going on (masterclasses, seminars, workshops, gear deals etc) but you have to register. Andy Mac from AKAI UK will be in Studio 1 on Thur 28th Feb (11am-8pm) and Fri 29th Feb (11am-5pm) with the MPC 5K.

DV are providing the beer!

For futher details, address, map and registration

http://www.dv247.com/expo

By Cheebatone Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:22 pm
Cheers! I've registered and signed-up for the MPC and Ableton workshops.

It'd be nice to meet-up with a few forum members for a pint. Except for the ones who post like they're sending a text message - or use words like "foreal". I'm a bit snobby about things like that... :wink:

By fur*q Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:10 pm
Haha nice.

By chessmoves Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:45 pm
Just come back from the Expo-Andy Mac from Akai did a good job.Certainly knows his stuff and has the skills for throwing different beat patterns down real quick. It's a Dope machine and in the right hands someone will create something incredible with this. The synth is totally geared towards the dance market. Overall it has a nice sound. Creating beats without quantise provided some nice results. I'm tempted but still not 100% on making a decision. Still pleased with the simplicity and sound quality of my 60 and 3000LE.

By King_G3 Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:18 pm
Agreed.

If i didn't already own a 2500 I would get the 5000, but as far as the new features go I have external hardware for effects and filters. And let ust not talk about the synth.

Unfortunately i seemed to have dropped in on the MPC 101 class with such questions as "Where can i get samples for the MPC" and "can i connect a keyboard to it?"

Andy Mac did do a good job though, especially ith showing off the simplicity of the features. Maybe he needs to do an MPC 202 workshop now?