MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By theprodusa Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:30 pm
Wussup peoples....I've been a loyal mpc beat banger for over a decade now and my question is this. The adat expansion...does it allow you to assign your sounds to the 8 channels? Or is this just exclusive to the analog out option? I'm currently twirking with the mpc 2500 but I might either upgrade or go back to the 4000 depending on the answer to this question.[/i]
By dabmeister Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:29 pm
theprodusa wrote:Wussup peoples....I've been a loyal mpc beat banger for over a decade now and my question is this. The adat expansion...does it allow you to assign your sounds to the 8 channels? Or is this just exclusive to the analog out option? I'm currently twirking with the mpc 2500 but I might either upgrade or go back to the 4000 depending on the answer to this question.
The adat format is based on a 8 digital optical channel (actually four stereo pairs) setup. But I noticed you're one of those folks that bailed ship for a 2500 (I wonder why?). And if you had a 4k, I wonder what it didn't offer that caused you to switch to a lesser model MPC in the first place?

By lazyE Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:52 pm
go back the the 4000?

why did u need to get a 2500 if u already had a 4000?

4000 more than capable of everythin man!

By aaron_bliss Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:03 pm
im not sure yall really answered this guys question.

is there anyone that actually found the answer on the SCD thread?

I looked and had zero luck - 17 pages and nothing.

its a good question, I never really looked into this technology and would like to know more.

the big thing is, its really pointless unless you can hook it into a PC and run it direct into PT, LIve, or some other DAW.

By dabmeister Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:52 pm
aaron_bliss wrote:im not sure yall really answered this guys question.
Well, since I own an Adat xt20 and my two Echo Layla 24/96 cards have this, it's not too much to explain other than saying it's a light pipe/optical format that utilizes four stereo pairs which builds off of using a pair at a time...ie:1&2, 3&4, 5&6, and 7&8. This format has nothing to do with analog.
By theprodusa Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:53 am
dabmeister wrote:
theprodusa wrote:Wussup peoples....I've been a loyal mpc beat banger for over a decade now and my question is this. The adat expansion...does it allow you to assign your sounds to the 8 channels? Or is this just exclusive to the analog out option? I'm currently twirking with the mpc 2500 but I might either upgrade or go back to the 4000 depending on the answer to this question.
The adat format is based on a 8 digital optical channel (actually four stereo pairs) setup. But I noticed you're one of those folks that bailed ship for a 2500 (I wonder why?). And if you had a 4k, I wonder what it didn't offer that caused you to switch to a lesser model MPC in the first place?

To clarify man........I never owned a 4k I just used to work on one at the studio I was doing production in. I OWN a 2500 and it's not as meaty as the 4k but that's not necessarily a bad thing. My work flow on the 2500 is just as fast....actually faster than the 4k. I think I understood your answer.. basicly the answer is no??

By mp3 Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:52 pm
Yall cats rather start a debate than answer the question. :roll: Why do yall give a fcuk what this man is using?

The answer is yes. On the 5000 (and I believe its the same for the 4000), you get 8 outs (in addition to the stereo L/R outs), and you can use either the Analog or ADAT. ADAT mirrors Analog. So if you assign your sound to Out 1/2 it will show up on both the Analog out 1/2 and the ADAT out 1/2.

SCD did answer this question, but its also in the manual.

By scd Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:54 pm
mp3 wrote:Yall cats rather start a debate than answer the question. :roll: Why do yall give a fcuk what this man is using?

The answer is yes. On the 5000 (and I believe its the same for the 4000), you get 8 outs (in addition to the stereo L/R outs), and you can use either the Analog or ADAT. ADAT mirrors Analog. So if you assign your sound to Out 1/2 it will show up on both the Analog out 1/2 and the ADAT out 1/2.

SCD did answer this question, but its also in the manual.

Plus you can use ADAT output 1/2 as monitor for the Main out L&R from the 5k's mixer.

Regards, Boele