MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By renegadebliss Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:10 am
Hi,
I was wondering if the 5000 has a feature that I had added to the 4000's OS, that
was never added to the 1000 or 2500 for some reason.

The MPC series since at least the 2000XL has had a feature to change Sequence
remotely with Program Changes. The problem with that feature is that the
MPC handles these just like it would if you used the "Next Sequence" pads and switched
it that way. It will switch at the end of the sequence.

Now let's say that you are using a 4 or 8 bar sequence. Well the MPC won't swiich
until the 4 or 8 bars have completed. Making your MPC running an entirely different
sequence then the remote sequencer is....

I requested for the 4000 that they put an option for "Sudden", so that when a remote
request to change sequences happens, it changes the MPC's sequence immediately
rather then waiting for the end of the sequence.

According to the pg 192 of the Reference Guide this:
Sequence Change by Program Change is part of the 5000, but it doesn't look like
they've added any options to it.

For those of us who use Multiple Sequencers this is a crucial and critial feature. (multiple MPC's and aP3 here)..

Beole, are you still roaming around these forums? If so, can you put a RFE (Request for Enhancement) in? And while your at it, add the same request to the 1000 & 2500.

Cheers,
Dave

By LvngDead Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:04 pm
Hello, this is Boele here. Please direct your question to the 5000 questions thread I have created. Good day, cheerio.

By renegadebliss Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:46 pm
Ok.. I've asked in there.. can the Forum Moderator delete or lock this subject then..

Dave