MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By PRich Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:00 pm
Hey,

I downloaded a song in mp3 form, converted it using a program called "Switch" to make it a .wav, and then chopped it up in Logic. But when I load the sample into my mpc and try to use it a message saying "This File Format Is Not Supported" pops up. I did this same process with another sample and it worked fine. Anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks.
By Jeremy Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:36 am
I have the same thing happening. I was creating a program of samples. The first time they loaded fine but I messed up the program. I started over with a new one but after I got aways some of the samples that loaded before were giving this same error. I decided to restart the MPC and then I got an error about the effects engine not loading and now I can't hear anything from the MPC. :evil:
By moe5888 Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:54 am
On switch you have to change your settings to convert the files to 16bit 44.1kHz. Do that manually but becareful because the batch processing is either non existent or just really sucks