MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By moment_uk Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:58 pm
When recording a sample.. Naturally ive selected to use the turntables phono leads directly into the phono in section of the mpc.. The sound is detectable on analog mode. The issue remains within using the phono leads, which are plugged within my audio interface (linked to ableton live) where when seeking to record a sound from it, leaves a prolonged tone.. but i cant select phono since it doesnt exist on the list of inputs.. even though the instruction manual says it does.. i am really confused since all the other inputs are available.. all the cables are right.. ive tried resettin the mpc many times, but nothing has worked.. someone please help me :(
By moment_uk Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:03 pm
hmm well ive tried analog.. but theres an audio tone covering up the sound im trying to sample.. ?? Does PHONO actually appear in your input list?

and umm not to sure on the midi front dude.. ive only just got him so im learning it.. i hooked up the midi and everything was working in correspondance to what i wanted.. which was only to create some drum patterns..
By 4dahaterz Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:59 pm
jokas wrote:try "analog" - that works for me.

i also play around to connect my mpc to ableton. is there a way to start the midi recording without loosing notes at the begining of the tracks?

Actually, if you are using the same track... Press Overdub instead of Record, because record will lose everything that was played on that track before.

or better yet... if thats not the correct answer... tell us exactly how you are trying to record, such as what buttons are you pressing when you record, and on what track are you trying to record on, and which track are the MIDI notes dropping out on?
Last edited by 4dahaterz on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 4dahaterz Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:12 pm
moment_uk wrote:When recording a sample.. Naturally ive selected to use the turntables phono leads directly into the phono in section of the mpc.. The sound is detectable on analog mode. The issue remains within using the phono leads, which are plugged within my audio interface (linked to ableton live) where when seeking to record a sound from it, leaves a prolonged tone.. but i cant select phono since it doesnt exist on the list of inputs.. even though the instruction manual says it does.. i am really confused since all the other inputs are available.. all the cables are right.. ive tried resettin the mpc many times, but nothing has worked.. someone please help me :(

On the back of the MPC, change the button from Line/Mic to Line/Phono, and then switch the input to Phono in the Sample Screen.

If you dont change the button on the back, This wont show the Phono option in the Sample Screen.
By 4dahaterz Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:54 pm
moment_uk wrote:Yehh duude its on the line to phono bit already.. thats why im soo confused to why its noot showing on the screen..?? have any of you guys got that problem? im just thinking of swapping it for a new 1.. save me the hassle

Did you upgrade to the lastest OS update
By 4dahaterz Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:16 am
Duuude... chill, I was tryna help you blind since my MPC 5G was at my studio and nobody else was trying to help you... and by the way, just because you bought it 2 days ago doesnt mean that a different OS couldnt have been installed on there....

now back to business... Are you using a desktop or a laptop computer(the reason why im asking is because the output of most laptops create a continuous hum thats hard to get rid of)? But this only counts if you are using the output of the laptop. If you are using a desktop, you can disregard this question.

What kinda Audio Interface are you using and what output are you coming out of on that interface?

Trying to do a lil trouble shooting

by the way, yeah, I was using the Analog input when I sampled from records
By moment_uk Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:22 pm
ahh sos mann i wasn't stressing.. i was just in a rush, had a show to catch so i thought id keep it short and to the point :) thanks for the help though man its much appreciated..

Yeh well its running of my macbook pro.. so i guess the whole laptop thing comes into purpose here.. The audio interface is an m-audio fast track pro.. nothing special just needed something to do the job! im trying to record from the phono outputs on the back of it.. theres 4..

Im still curious to know if you guys dont have a phono option on your input list to.. because i might note it to akai.. but yeh the version is 1.1. problem is i cant change it since i dont have a memory card.. is there any other way i can do it?