MPC5000 reviews, bug reports and fellow user support on the most recent standalone, hardware MPC from Akai
By NerdAlert Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:23 pm
Finally decided to sport and expand the memory with the EXM-E3...inserted it securely....fired it up, literally. Some smoke starts to rise out of the mpc and the smell of burning plastic...you've got to be shitting me. Turned off immediately...took a look...memory card began to melt and seal off one of the sockets....cool. Burning plastic melting into the expansion port...awesome. Going back to Guitar Center to get my money back for the card and find out if it **** up the port on my MPC. **** Christ. **** ****.
By NerdAlert Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:24 am
Ok...the EXM-E3 card is ****...GC will replace...no sweat. I was on my way to have the MPC looked at to determine if there was any damage to the unit when it all seemed unfair. I pined away for this thing forever and finally saved enough to get a brand new one....now I don't know if this thing is going to have more problems because of this...it reaks of burned plastic now...and it still encounters the seemingly uncommon bug of not loading the effects engine from time to time........this unit now has bad mojo for me.

So I swapped the thing for a brand spanking new one.....BOOYAH! After only a couple hours of playing with the new one I can already tell that the other one was much buggier (buggier?). Problem solved...no more burning plastic smell...only that sweet new mpc aroma...ahhh.
By That-1-DJ Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:33 am
Remember good things come to those who WAIT, I have not had the privilege of messing with the 5000 yet. I am very content with my 2500LE, But I am sure I will goto GC one day and peep one out, even if it was something that I just had to have, I would still wait a few months before picking one up. Hope this one works out for you! (There is NOTHING that is more frustrating than spending your HARD EARNED MONEY on something that does not deliver) BEEN THERE!