Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By dabmeister Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:17 am
Anybody up on this version yet?
By dabmeister Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:43 pm
Well, here's a follow up response one year later to my informative notice of Cubase 11. There's going to be a major change in how Steinberg deals with their s/w licensing. All new licensing of their new versions coming out will not implement the use of the usb dongle. However, the dongle isn't going away anytime soon, it'll just be slowly faded out over time as Steinberg gets this new dongle-less phase more into play.

Obviously they're skipping all 11.5 versions and going straight to 12, how 'bout that.

I just activated my version of 11 pro today (after sitting on it for two months) and will qualify for the free upgrade to 12 pro once it's released next year.
By v00d00ppl Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:28 am
I can’t wait to get rid of my dongle. I always upgrade my Cubase and Absolute versions as they are released.

My favorite cubase features are
1. The metering. It is the tightest meters you get out of the box. Sometimes I can get by in Ableton by using my console 1 meters for gain staging.
2. The swing engine is good for fine tuning your grooves. Don’t get me wrong the MPC can groove, but so can cubase. This is helpful since I run a VDrum setup now and sometimes I want to capture the performance and then make tweaks.
3. The mix console is so intuitive especially for sends and VCA groups.
By dabmeister Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:29 pm
v00d00ppl wrote:I can’t wait to get rid of my dongle.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see the how this will pan out in the long run.
By dabmeister Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:25 am
Had to highlight a feature that most daws should already have..."quantize audio" or Audio Warp in Cubase. Always knew the feature was there, just never utilized it until recently. Did a recent vocal track of someone who was pretty on point except for a few spots.

Now since I consider myself pretty fluent with midi recording & editing with Cubase, I recently found what I've always done with midi, I can do with "Audio".

I can say is it's one hell of a feature if you know how to use it.
By v00d00ppl Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:20 pm
dabmeister wrote:Had to highlight a feature that most daws should already have..."quantize audio" or Audio Warp in Cubase. Always knew the feature was there, just never utilized it until recently. Did a recent vocal track of someone who was pretty on point except for a few spots.

Now since I consider myself pretty fluent with midi recording & editing with Cubase, I recently found what I've always done with midi, I can do with "Audio".

Is it more different than warp markers in Ableton ?
By dabmeister Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:55 am
v00d00ppl wrote:
dabmeister wrote:Had to highlight a feature that most daws should already have..."quantize audio" or Audio Warp in Cubase. Always knew the feature was there, just never utilized it until recently. Did a recent vocal track of someone who was pretty on point except for a few spots.

Is it more different than warp markers in Ableton ?

Not at all. Do the usual...identify the track, set start & end points, set quantize values...bam!
By v00d00ppl Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:38 am
Thanks I’ll try it out later this week. Do you write drum your drum tracks in cubase 11? I like the drum editor and the swing with it. I will usually use an Edrum kit and play out the patterns that I will use.

I really got to try the frequency 2 dynamic EQ as well. I get in the habit of just using the stock 4 band EQ that I forget there is a new EQ to use
By dabmeister Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:21 am
v00d00ppl wrote:Thanks I’ll try it out later this week. Do you write drum your drum tracks in cubase 11? I like the drum editor and the swing with it. I will usually use an Edrum kit and play out the patterns that I will use.

I really got to try the frequency 2 dynamic EQ as well. I get in the habit of just using the stock 4 band EQ that I forget there is a new EQ to use

Lol, I have to laugh at myself because I never installed 11, just bought it to upgrade from 10.5 & qualify for free upgrade to 12.

But as far as drum programming goes...I usually do everything on the MPC, but my roots started on the keyboard. I guess the feel of hitting the pads vs keys has a lot to do with that. But since there's multiple ways of laying midi control data, I've adapted more to playing keys than using them to trigger drum parts like I use to.

Haven't had a chance to dive into the new dynamic EQ either. My excuse is I'm too busy chasing that dollar to pay bills and keep up on gear and sorts, that I don't have much time to get acquainted with what I have. But that's soon to change... :lol: