Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By dabmeister Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:51 am
Most daws offer both midi & audio recording. What type of computer are you working with? Do you have a plan of how you'd like to track and what not? Do you have a decent audio interface?

There's a lot of questions you'll need to ask yourself to find what will suit your needs.
By dabmeister Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:45 am
bostonproducer01 wrote:Does one DAW work better when paired with the mpc.

example mixing in sonar or pro tools if im doing most of the sequencing on the mpc and tracking out to wav file

Every program has its strengths and weaknesses. There's no one daw program that's considered best or perfect for the mpc. You'll have to make a decision as to what features in a daw program will fit your workflow so that you can get the most out of it.

I like using Nuendo. Because it offers me the luxury of recording all my midi stuff as well as audio. I'll lay my drum ideas down on the mpc, then track them into Nuendo. I can even trigger samples from the 4k using a keyboard while at the same time record the play data.

Most daws will do these basic level of functions. But the unique features that each program has is what distinguishes it from the others.
By inthemix Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:34 pm
I run my MPC1000 into Cubase SX3 and it all works like a dream, truly.

I open a new project, create a few new stereo audio tracks and arm them - viola, ready to go. I set my count in to 1 bar and it automatically starts recording the patterns from the MP, simple as that.

Also, I can switch my controller from my master keyboard over to the MPC ( change to midi on MP and switch midi on ) to control the virtual instruments in Cubase - and, best of all, all of the MPC functions ( tap and note repeat ) work on my virtuals .... love it !

I am sure the MP works just as well with other daws, but I am just advising you of how well it all works with my Cubase setup.

Good luck with whatever you choose ?