Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By ricky ruthless Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:41 am
i understand that midi is just information getting sent to my mpc not audio , but what im trying to say is for exaple i have a beat made on the mpc and i want to make a bass line with my keyboard using reason and record it into the sequence on my mpc.
the problem im having is syncing the 2 cause my keyboard is still plugged in via usb, so if i play my beat on my mpc i can hear it and still hear my keyboard when i play it but cant record the keyboard on my mpc.
i have followed the video on connecting the mpc 1000 with reason and followed all the steps and its all good and made all the selections it says but its still not working 4 me...
it just doesnt record the midi in.

i think its something to do with the way i have things plugged in.
i only have 1 midi out cable from my keyboard that all it has and have that going into midi in on my mpc. i have a usb to midi interface that has a usb 1 end and a midi in and midi out on the other and i have the usb plugged into my mac and the midi in going into the midi out A on my mpc i just got the usb to midi interface and i think im not hooking that side of things up right.
also in advanced midi control setings in reason am i supposed to select my umx49 which is my keyboard for bus a ,or should i select um1 which is my usb interface and for where it says midi clock sync do i select the keyboard or the interface.
sorry im really confused
thanks
By ricky ruthless Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:35 am
what im trying to do is play a midi sound from an instrument in reason 4 and record that sound into a beat i have made on my mpc 2000 ....
i have watched a video on how to hoook the 2 up together and how to set the settings, and then on the video the guy plays his beat on his mpc , then he hits overdub record, plays his keys from reason on his keyboard, he plays the beat back and the sounds he played from his keyboard have recorded into the beat on his mpc.
that is what im trying to do.
if anyone can help really appreciate it thanks.
By Clint Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:49 pm
ricky ruthless wrote:i understand that midi is just information getting sent to my mpc not audio , but what im trying to say is for exaple i have a beat made on the mpc and i want to make a bass line with my keyboard using reason and record it into the sequence on my mpc.

What you seem to be asking how to do (everywhere) is called SAMPLING.

You want to SAMPLE a bassline from Reason into your MPC while the MPC sequence is playing.

Judging by your posts it would appear that you are not comfortable with your gear just yet.

I suggest you quit posting Q's and get your read on AND practice SAMPLING into your MPC.

Good luck!