Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Fess Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:24 pm
emptysea wrote:
temetrepo wrote:^lol, damn u riding hard for maschine
lmao
i know it looks dope and all, but damn

mr_debauch wrote:sometimes I dont get people... it seems like it's always "this vs that" .. people want to ONLY use one thing and thats it.. they wont even consider using both. it's like people are branding themselves and then wind up with some sort of stubborn loyalty to a product or company.

You mean, like MPC users who take offense and take it personally when someone who points out they found something better and wants to share it?

It's not about looks, dude.

mr_debauch wrote:i agree, you limit yourself... you lose
having more options doesn't paralyze my creativity, it instigates it.

Limited? I own maschine and 2 MPCs. Explain to us how the MPC is 'limited' compared to maschine.

And it's not better. If you think that maschine is the be-all-end-all for music production, you're sadly mistaken. It's a decent tool, but definitely not my 'goto' piece.
By Tapuno Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:26 pm
emptysea, all im saying is that its impolite to flood any forum regarding one product, and the way your doing it is obsessive, and makes you look like your being used by someone, therefore making you a tool. Dont get mad, get glad buddy. And the Maschine is a software controller with perks, i could get better results with ableton and a novation. Now dont get all wet about that, its my opinion right? tool ass lookin muthafukka
By Tapuno Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:28 pm
emptysea wrote:Looks like you just want to argue for arguing sake instead chiming in on the subject matter being discussed.

says the dude who plugged he Maschine in an MPC 5000 thread
By mr_debauch Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:51 pm
Fess wrote:
emptysea wrote:
temetrepo wrote:^lol, damn u riding hard for maschine
lmao
i know it looks dope and all, but damn

mr_debauch wrote:sometimes I dont get people... it seems like it's always "this vs that" .. people want to ONLY use one thing and thats it.. they wont even consider using both. it's like people are branding themselves and then wind up with some sort of stubborn loyalty to a product or company.

You mean, like MPC users who take offense and take it personally when someone who points out they found something better and wants to share it?

It's not about looks, dude.

mr_debauch wrote:i agree, you limit yourself... you lose
having more options doesn't paralyze my creativity, it instigates it.

Limited? I own maschine and 2 MPCs. Explain to us how the MPC is 'limited' compared to maschine.

And it's not better. If you think that maschine is the be-all-end-all for music production, you're sadly mistaken. It's a decent tool, but definitely not my 'goto' piece.

who the **** are you and what are you talking about?

did I say anywhere that the maschine is the be all end all? get the **** out of here... I was the person that said it shouldn't be a "this vs that" type of thing and that using several mediums is the best.

and wow, you own the maschine and two MPCs... first of all who cares and second of all... I never said the MPC is limited compared to the maschine.
By emptysea Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:21 pm
Tapuno wrote:And the Maschine is a software controller with perks, i could get better results with ableton and a novation. Now dont get all wet about that, its my opinion right? tool ass lookin muthafukka

Sorry but you're looking like the tool here, claiming that you can do the same thing that Maschine can with a generic midi controller. There's just no competition, my friend. The truth is that there's really nothing that truly compares to Maschine because something like this, thsi well thought-out, has not existed before. When I say it's a game changer, I'm not just using some empty words to hype it up. I've explained many times elsewhere on this forum about what makes Maschine so unique and why it's such a big deal. MPC users should be waking up to it and wondering why Akai has failed to innovate and just puts out rehashed versions of Roger Linn's original designs.

And don't get me wrong. While I do think Maschine is a MPC killer, I'm not hating on MPCs either. I've had the 2k, 1k w/ JJOS 1&2, and 500. They're classic machines and super fun to play with. I just have no need for them anymore since Maschine suits my needs better. And I believe that many other producers who are not totally satisfied with trying to integrate the MPC production workflow with DAWS, would find Maschine a worthy successor to the MPC.
By Tapuno Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:25 pm
so, educate me Mr promoter of beat proggys, what advantages besides waveform display do you get with the machine(2 lcd screens is not an advantage, its just a ploy)
By MCL Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:52 pm
These Maschine threads - (how many are there anyway!) - are getting funny now. But really it boils down to...

Who gives a fck who uses what?

Have fun, make music and enjoy yourself - Not come on the internet and stress over what someone you will never meet and never really give a hoot what they think anyway uses to make music you will in all likelihood never hear!
By emptysea Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:04 pm
Tapuno wrote:so, educate me Mr promoter of beat proggys, what advantages besides waveform display do you get with the machine(2 lcd screens is not an advantage, its just a ploy)

you can educate yourself as there's plenty of info on it to be found online, including NI's official videos. I don't want to repeat all the things I've already said in this forum.

you can start with these video reviews:
http://soundsandgear.com/native-instrum ... this-year/
http://soundsandgear.com/native-instrum ... -the-year/
By mr_debauch Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:28 pm
emptysea wrote:
Tapuno wrote:so, educate me Mr promoter of beat proggys, what advantages besides waveform display do you get with the machine(2 lcd screens is not an advantage, its just a ploy)

I don't want to repeat all the things I've already said in this forum.

so why do you then?

you try and make it seem like the maschine makes everything else absolutely useless... we get it, you love the maschine. dont mean everyone else will... who are you anyways? Stephan Schmitt? why dont you stop acting like it if you aint.
By MPC60 Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:44 am
I rock the combo no problem. Having the MP is a must and a plus and software as well. I do all samples in the box and resample into the MP. Drums same way. I got mad drums on the HD and I sample those into the MP straight up later for 20,000 disks and pgms I don't have to use. Using Cubase I treat it as one big sound module holding all the VSTs and ReWire for Reason still sequence those with MP. And track it all right there in Cubase. The software provides much faster workflow and options, but the hardware keeps that classic feel of still programming the way I'm accustomed. IMO the debate about hardware or software is useless at this point. The combination of both reigns supreme over each individual option. Truly the best of both worlds.
By mr_debauch Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:56 am
MPC60 wrote:I rock the combo no problem. Having the MP is a must and a plus and software as well. I do all samples in the box and resample into the MP. Drums same way. I got mad drums on the HD and I sample those into the MP straight up later for 20,000 disks and pgms I don't have to use. Using Cubase I treat it as one big sound module holding all the VSTs and ReWire for Reason still sequence those with MP. And track it all right there in Cubase. The software provides much faster workflow and options, but the hardware keeps that classic feel of still programming the way I'm accustomed. IMO the debate about hardware or software is useless at this point. The combination of both reigns supreme over each individual option. Truly the best of both worlds.

exactly and well said. this shit needs a lock.
By konc3pt Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:53 pm
exit, no romance wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:this shit needs a lock.

No way! We need at least 5 more pages of these redundant debates before the lock. :wink:

co-sgined!
By exit, no romance Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:39 pm
konc3pt wrote:
exit, no romance wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:this shit needs a lock.

No way! We need at least 5 more pages of these redundant debates before the lock. :wink:

co-sgined!

I co-sign your co-sgined! :P