Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Tapuno Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:35 pm
exit, no romance wrote:
konc3pt wrote:
exit, no romance wrote:No way! We need at least 5 more pages of these redundant debates before the lock. :wink:

co-sgined!

I co-sign your co-sgined! :P

first Pound +1's himself, and now you co-sign yourself?

what kinda neo commy convey celebration is this?
By jazzroom Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:29 am
thx wrote:
Doglamp wrote:
i basically want to have one midi keyboard controller to trigger drums and general chops that ive sampled

Ableton Live.

ableton live is very good for multitrack recording, vsti, fx, editing and mixing, and the mpd24 is a good tool to manipolate tracks, fx, and samples with live.

it's strange, i've always used software and now in the last two years i'm really tired of it, and prefer working on hardware.
many peoples in this forum seems to go in the opposite direction

same here .... tired of software that i've used for the last 15 years...
diggin old dusty beat /sampler boxes and even wanting to get a Reel to Reel 8 track recorder !??! All that i have disregarded in 90's when i jumped into Computers...
But lately want to get old vintage hardware more n more,
guess getting older and maybe "wiser"
or am i just getting crunky n demented ..? ;) :shock:
By damien907 Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:56 am
i would go with logic if i were you, a ton of usable fx, a sampler, step sequencer style drum machine, and lots soft synths.

and its only 499 or something too.
By goldenxscholars Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:44 pm
ableton live is the only DAW that convinced me to do away with my mpc 2000xl.

i miss the raw sound, the feel and responsiveness of the pads but ableton is just too sick to ignore.

of course you gotta get a decent controller though

otherwise its just boring
By -niN Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:13 am
to the OP: well that's just tuff tittys to you then!!!

btw.: What are you doin with yer old MP??? Since ye don't need it no more and all.... I'd take good care of it, ye know... :mrgreen:
By MPCWeapon1 Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:37 am
try2dream wrote:ive finally decided to give up the mpc and make the switch to software. mainly because of the ease of using fx, vsts & eqing in detail and all in one piece of software.
im now trying to work out what is the best piece of software to use. i basically want to have one midi keyboard controller to trigger drums and general chops that ive sampled, be able to play any vst i load up and to use compression, fx & mix everything down in the one piece of software.
i was looking at reason but you cant load vsts into it so i was thinking cubase sounded pretty good...
what do you guys think would be the best option?

I don't understand why it has to be either/or. Why can't you use both? I finally got logic and my MPC 4k to sync properly and .........next level...here I come.