Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By DJ Skitzophrenik Mon May 10, 2010 6:27 am
I have a MPC 2500 and Reason 4 and Pro Tools all running through the mbox, now, I have the mbox and everything set up midi'd into my MPC and so forth, now my next question is using Reason as a sound module...I want to play the Reason sounds on my MPC but when I finally got the Reason set up as a sound module only the sounds from reason were being played on the pads, how do I play the reason sounds on my MPC with the MPK49 midi keyboard?
By Clint Fri May 14, 2010 9:38 am
Why don't you explain exactly how you have connected your gear, then maybe we can tell you where you went wrong.

Why do you have this stuff if you don't even understand the basic's of midi signal flow?

Woweee...
By Know1 Mon May 24, 2010 9:26 pm
Yeah why exactly are you using a MPK49 and a 2500? That doesn't make sense.... My opinion, put the controller in a box, sell it and use your MPC.
By josephnicks Mon May 24, 2010 10:15 pm
Know1 wrote:Yeah why exactly are you using a MPK49 and a 2500? That doesn't make sense.... My opinion, put the controller in a box, sell it and use your MPC.

thats dumb, why limit yourself to the 16 pads wen you have keys right there to control synths..

very simple setup

MPK MIDI OUT>>>> MPC MIDI IN 1/2
MPC MIDI OUT A/B>>>>>your MIDI Interface's IN
Last edited by josephnicks on Mon May 24, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Know1 Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 pm
Yeah your right. I was thinking the MPK was just a pad controller not a keyboard. My bad.... Judging from his statement it probably has midi. The Mbox mini is the only one that doesn't.
By Know1 Mon May 24, 2010 10:26 pm
josephnicks wrote:MPK MIDI OUT>>>> MPC MIDI IN 1/2
MPC MIDI OUT A/B>>>>>MIDI Interface

MIDI thru. The exact midi info will go thru the MPC and in to your interface.