Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By minisculefool Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:17 am
Ok, so I'm a total nube to mpc's and picked up the 3000 the other day because it was going for such a good price and I've heard great thing about them.
So maybe this is an amatuer question, but I'm trying to use Reason 4.0 as an external midi rack to input into the mpc, but after quite some time of trying different things and reading forums I've had no luck. I would like it if I could slave reason to the mpc if possible.
By DJ Hellfire Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:03 am
minisculefool wrote:I run a macbook with osx 10.4, I run reason and pro tools on it. I use a firewire 410 interface, the mpc 3000 of course, and an old casio keyboard with midi function. Thanks for any help you can give and I will go read the music equipment section.

So you want midi out of the casio to midi in 1 of the 3000.
    You want midi out of the FW410 to midi in 2 of the 3000.
    You want midi out A of the 3000 to midi in of the FW410.

Then watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhuM7gS1fEo
By rookie Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:22 pm
minisculefool wrote:I run a macbook with osx 10.4, I run reason and pro tools on it. I use a firewire 410 interface, the mpc 3000 of course, and an old casio keyboard with midi function. Thanks for any help you can give and I will go read the music equipment section.

yo fam the way he's dancing in that video, I would'da not have listed none of my equipment! hope you live in a gated community :lol: