Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs

What's your favorite program for recording/music production?

17%
17%
9%
22%
3%
N/A
14%
N/A
9%
N/A
1%
1%
N/A
5%
3%
By mr_debauch Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:58 am
goldenxscholars wrote:ableton live is just awesome

i've never been fully sold on any DAW until i got this one. if most or all of your production is sample based you should definitely be using it or at least give it a shot

probably the only thing i dislike is not being able to separate stereo to mono without some kind of workaround.

do you mean merge stereo to mono? or separate stereo to two mono channels? because maybe there is some sort of stereo shaping tool you could use in the effects bus.
By goldenxscholars Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:52 am
separate into two channel left and right.

i've seen people say you can use the utility feature which i have yet to try but i think it would be better just to completely separate the channels, as i can just dispose of a channel in case i only need the instruments on one side such as would be found in hard panned songs.

im really surprised this is not a feature on ableton already. i pretty much just separate on another program at the moment and then dump the mono track into ableton whenever i do this.
By mr_debauch Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:14 am
goldenxscholars wrote:separate into two channel left and right.

i've seen people say you can use the utility feature which i have yet to try but i think it would be better just to completely separate the channels, as i can just dispose of a channel in case i only need the instruments on one side such as would be found in hard panned songs.

im really surprised this is not a feature on ableton already. i pretty much just separate on another program at the moment and then dump the mono track into ableton whenever i do this.

I guess you could clone or copy the audio file in question and hard pan them or even mute the one you dont need.. unless ram is a really limited resource.