Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs

What's your favorite program for recording/music production?

17%
17%
9%
22%
3%
N/A
14%
N/A
9%
N/A
1%
1%
N/A
5%
3%
By Menco Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:28 pm
Cubase

I just got a copy of that one, got to learn it and never took effort to buy/install something else.
I only use it for recording and mixing. Also recorded and mixed with logic and pt a few times. I don't really favour one over the other. Probably because I don't use Daw's so deeply. Not a real plug-in guy, so for me it's just my digital recorder and mixing board.
By faze1 Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 pm
Nym wrote:REAPER
other tools are great in their own way
but REAPER is the only one that will let me do what i need to do

Couldnt have said it better myself. Every Daw I've ever tried/demo'ed might have had great features, but had certain drawbacks. For me reaper is the perfect Daw. Im starting to get into customising it so look out!!! Ableton and Reason are dope programs but abletons bugs (ableton 8 has never ran %100 smooth on my pc) and reason 5's lack of a comfortable/efficient sampling workflow (record sample, save sample, open recycle, chop, save, load into reason, if chops arent right open recycle, re-chop, etc). Reason 5 is dope though. If it had recycle built in it then that would def be a plus to samplers
By peterpiper Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 pm
I got no really favourite DAW. I use Cubase since Cubase Atari 2.0 :) so I'm very used to it. But I also use(d) FL or Audition (Audition is still my favourite when it comes to edit samples) or ModPlug Tracker. I still have to try out Ableton cause from what I've heard/saw this thing is a beast.
REAPER is def. a beast. Low priced fully flexible easy to understand small but powerfull DAW.

peace
By damien907 Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:59 am
logic pro.

i used to like protools better for mixing and recording, but now i like logic, i made my own custom key commands for most of the stuff i need.

i do miss some of the protools editing though, logic can take a little longer sometimes, but it works fine for me.

i wish the sample editor was more like soundforge though.