Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By distortedtekno Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:17 pm
Upright wrote:Over at the Propellerhead user forum one of the Propellerhead staff said it should be up for download for the American market on Thursday. I'm not sure if that's Wednesday night 12:00 pm or Thursday night 12:00 pm midnight. The way they explained it was a little tricky to understand and it has something to do with the difference between our time zone and theirs...I think we are almost a day ahead of them. Anyway as soon as it posts up I'll let you guys know via the Reason 6 thread.

Cool, I'm gonna head over there and take a look. I forgot I can still access the User Forum because I registered ReBirth in '98. :)
By shyftexhales Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:41 am
these are some tricks that I use a lot in reason 5.0 & 4.0, I think most of you guys know it already but i feel like posting them:p

Advanced sampler mpc style -

just open up an advanced sampler, initialize it and then click the little arrow down on the left side( it opens up the advanced sampler) then in that folder you search for you .wav sample and dublicate the sample till you have 16 samples, then you can start twisting the Start button for the chopping and if you found your sample and you want to chop more detailed then you use the Sample start button.

Basslines in reason

When I want a bassline to sound like an realistic but full bass I just use the sound pick bass and equalize it, put all the bass tones down, then make a subtractor and make a really fat bass sound and then equalize and put all the high tones down.. and usually i use a scream (tape) to make the sound a lil fatter... it works for me!

Dr octorex / rex mood things-

in almost every reason beat I make there are some abstract sounds just made from a dr rex conga sample or other percussion, I use scream4distortion, a vocoder ( the equalizer mode) and pitch it a lot so it isnt possible to hear a conga in it anymore and then maybe just some reverb or delay.. it gives a nice grimy mood to my beats
By distortedtekno Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:08 am
The workaround for no MIDI OUT...

I came across the solution using Reason as a sound module for my MPC.
I have an MPC1000 running JJ OS2XL.
I have a project loaded up in Reason 6. It's a house track. But I want to make it an acid house track with my x0xb0x TB-303 clone.
Reason 6 is synced as a slave to the MPC1000.
I set up an Audio Track in the MPC to record the x0xb0x.
I set the tempo on the MPC to match the Reason project.
I press RECORD on the MPC and it records an Audio Track of the x0xb0x while the project in Reason is playing in sync.
Yeah I'm hearing it all at once and it's keeping the creative flow moving along nicely! :)
After that, I save the Audio Track on the MPC, transfer it to my computer through the USB connection.
Then I create a new Audio Track in Reason, import the wave file, snap to grid, and finish the project... or I can repeat the process with even more Audio Tracks. The sky is the limit.
By distortedtekno Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:39 am
ArKyve-31 wrote:wait I'm confused, why set the tempo's the same? why not just make the mpc the master and run reason's tempo to the mpc's clock? or did I miss something???

I should've made myself clearer when i wrote that. What I meant to say is to keep in mind what your project tempo is in Reason (since thats where the project starts and finishes in this method, using an Axiom 49), because once you lock into the MPC's tempo and change it accidentally, the Audio track being recorded in the MPC would end up being a different length at a different tempo, which wouldn't line up with the originally intended project tempo. So in short, it's just intended as a reminder. I wrote that out rather quick and somewhat vague, as I was excited to see it all work as planned. :)
By distortedtekno Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:25 am
Additionally, I'm going to keep making beats on my MPC1000. I love Kong and I'm still going to use it a lot. But I have a few other ideas up my sleeve as far as what I'm about to try using Kong, Nurse Rex, and imported beats from the MPC. I haven't explored Nurse Rex yet. Hopefully I won't end up needing ReCycle. But I'll know after experimenting whether it'll benefit my workflow. I'm clearly trying to come up with as many ways to get the most out of the MPC1000 and Reason 6 as possible, so that neither the MPC nor Reason become neglected. It's my alternative to the Ren, as I still have a standalone MPC that is quite flexible between the JJ OS and Reason 6. There's much more to explore. :)
By ArKyve-31 Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:41 am
I've been chopping and editing in the 4k as always then run the audio into 6 for effects processing, sometimes I'll resample the effected song and then re-chop in the 4k and come out with something different or drop my instrument loops into it.

Recycle is cool when I wanna run abstract samples into the kong and out through the alligator. Been doing a lot with the Alligator and the redrum to trigger the filter sequence. Yet to mess with the Echo's breakout loop feature, but dying to start frankensteining all the rack pieces together :mrgreen:
By distortedtekno Sat May 05, 2012 1:27 am
ArKyve-31 wrote:If the Ren can be routed into reason with multiple "inputs" I will def. think about grabbing , i would go crazy running different racks per mpc sound,

Any word on the Ren software getting ReWire?