Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By ArKyve-31 Wed May 30, 2012 1:10 pm
distortedtekno wrote:
ArKyve-31 wrote:If the Ren can be routed into reason with multiple "inputs" I will def. think about grabbing , i would go crazy running different racks per mpc sound,

Any word on the Ren software getting ReWire?

Honestly I haven't checked, but Ive never been this excited over a software update
before.

Noticed that there is a Korg polysix in the rack already.....damn damn damn.

By es-k Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:12 pm
im getting reason 6.5 asap! been using reason for years (since 3.0) and been using JUST reason for the past two years... im ready to commit and upgrade to 6.5

looks soooo awesome :smoker:
By inflict3 Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:41 am
yes, 6.5 is sick!! 6 was way sick too
By distortedtekno Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:51 am
I'm totally hooked on 6.5. There's 2 Rack Extensions that are free for a limited time... Pulsar Dual LFO and SoftTube Saturation knob. After downloading them, the licenses need to be transferred to the USB dongle, this way they don't require you to log in to use them. The rest of them that you can try for 30 days still require a login. But it's definitely worth it, especially for the Korg Polysix, which I'll be buying very soon. Buffre Beat Repeater is next on my list, as well as Pulsar and a few other devices. I've been experimenting with all the Rack Extensions and really loving it. :)
By ArKyve-31 Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:30 am
Nice, I've been on vacation and have yet had a chance to install 6.5 yet but its making coming back from vacation a little easier knowing I have something to look forward to
By Coz Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:52 am
distortedtekno wrote:I just bought the Polysix... definitely happy about that! :nod:

How does the price of rack extensions stack up? Comparable to standard plugins or is it a free extension to the stuff you already own?

I'm a bit late to this thread and haven't been following the recent developments... :oops:
By distortedtekno Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:57 pm
ArKyve-31 wrote:Nice, I've been on vacation and have yet had a chance to install 6.5 yet but its making coming back from vacation a little easier knowing I have something to look forward to

You got about 24 Rack Extensions to look forward to as well, and more to come. :)
By distortedtekno Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:07 pm
Coz wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:I just bought the Polysix... definitely happy about that! :nod:

How does the price of rack extensions stack up? Comparable to standard plugins or is it a free extension to the stuff you already own?

I'm a bit late to this thread and haven't been following the recent developments... :oops:

Some of them start at $29, and others go up to $119. I'd say they're fairly priced compared to VSTs. The Korg Polysix is $49, which is well worth it to me.
I've seen VSTs like Waves cost hundreds of dollars. Of course there's some people on Props User Forum complaining about the prices because they either have the VST already and feel like they should get a freebie or a cross-grade discount. But some people feel like they should be getting something for nothing. There's already 2 free Rack Extensions, which will remain free for a limited time, plus the upgrade from R6 to 6.5 is free. I definitely can't complain, especially when there's a 30 day trial on all of them. If I don't agree with the price of anything (which I don't), or if I try it out and I don't feel the need for it, I know there's more Rack Extensions on the way. So all in all, I'm very pleased at what I've seen, and have had a lot of fun trying all of them.

Here's the link to the Shop... http://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/
By Coz Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:26 pm
Looks like a nice alternative to plugins for Reason users.
By Metatron72 Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:42 pm
Coz wrote:Looks like a nice alternative to plugins for Reason users.

It definitely is. It's a bit of a conundrum for me though as I have over 150 paid VST's. Many of which are duplicated in Rack Extensions. I love that the RE versions make use of Reason's excellent CV features, but that's all I would really get by buying the same thing twice. I have an 8 core and 24GB of RAM so rewiring is still my best bet.

Still I may have to get Etch Red just to go nuts with the CV routing in a Combinator. I also wouldn't mind Microtonic (likely coming very soon) as a permanent fixture in my Reason rack.
By Coz Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:51 pm
I haven't used Reason for years but it looks like it has matured into a great production environment.
By Metatron72 Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:54 pm
Coz wrote:I haven't used Reason for years but it looks like it has matured into a great production environment.

Dive back in if you get a chance. The audio summing has been greatly improved as of version 5. Honestly I never used Record much so I still have to get used to full blown SSL console emulation. But that just shows how much they improved in the areas you alluded to Coz.
By Coz Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:58 pm
I could never get on with the sequencing and arranging when I used it, so I'd just get a bunch of Rex files running through effects, then rewire it into Cubase. It's tempting to jump back aboard now though.

Can it take advantage of all those cores?