Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Upright Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:45 am
ArKyve-31 wrote:Here's the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdLNdmIjDO0

Dang...that's dope. I didn't know that you only had to open up one Nurse Rex..This is gonna save me a good amount of time. I've actually been doing this the long way and copying each Nurse Rex to different pads and setting each pad to trigger a slice LOL. That's what I get for not reading the Kong section of the manual. lol Thanks for taking the time to record and post that up. :D
By Metatron72 Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:13 pm
Upright wrote:There's a PDF manual with like 800 pages in it specific for Reason 5.

Second section down the page on the right hand side titled "Operation Manual"

http://www.propellerheads.se/download/i ... reason_doc

The PDF is built right into Reason's help toolbar. Lord knows Reason leaves you enough screen real estate to have the manual running side by side. :)
By Metatron72 Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:04 pm
the cosmic pimp wrote:reason is a head ****

Once you wrap your head around being able to route/split/modulate the CV/Audio anywhere you want, Reason is actually very easy to use. But it is it's own weird animal, so I see where you're coming from Cosmic.
By Upright Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:16 pm
Metatron72 wrote:

Once you wrap your head around being able to route/split/modulate the CV/Audio anywhere you want, Reason is actually very easy to use. But it is it's own weird animal, so I see where you're coming from Cosmic.

Word up! Reason is EXTREMELY flexible....let's me do just about anything I can think up. And CV can be used to spark all kinds of creative imagination....speaking of which- I had a hard time wrapping my head around CV and it's purposes/uses until I watched Peff's eye opening tutorial on CV. If you wanna get a really good understanding of how you can use CV in your music check out Peff's Music Making Month tutorial below. It's two parts and really in-depth but packed full of shiny gems. :D

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3L_GARP-GQ

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksi_r1yQcCU
Last edited by Upright on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Upright Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:11 am
Metatron72 wrote:Word Upright. Peff is that dude, as well as James Bernard. :D

Haha! No doubt. :D
By ArKyve-31 Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:33 pm

Because of the type of music you make I think if you sat with just reason for a week or so to figure it out you'd go insane with it. You rewire into ableton and the sound customization with different effects and cv gates and custom patches leaves anyone with endless amounts of creativity. Its not that big of a deal, but I know when I release any song made with reason synths in it, that those sounds are one of a kind.

My tip for reason user that have mpc's today is this:

If you wanna make dark ambient background tones or basses for atmosphere, chose a nice thick synth, I usually go thor for control purposes, then create a melody at twice the speed of the tempo that the mpc is set. Then make another one at 3x the tempo speed with a different sound. I'lll plug both into the rv7000 reverb and a distortion. re sample each one into the mpc. detune till they match the tempo of the beat and you get this airy, grimed up sound once you adjust filters and volume. Its my favorite thing to do. Create in reason and then record into the mpc and detune to fit, it just adds more color to the sounds IMO

this is an example where i use that. The drums were done in the mpc and the piano is from the motif, but the background breath sound and the synth are detuned samples i created in reason. And I dont' just sample notes, I find it best to resample whole 8 bar melodies and loop or chop.

By Upright Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:42 pm
Dope example bro. The synth doesn't even sound like it's from Reason....sounds nice and dirty IMO. Dope stuff. 8)