Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By scoobylol Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:52 pm
Musically or spiritually?

Either way I'm very happy at the moment and thanks for the karmic goodness :) I'm working on another ditty-for-the-day as we speak.

Merv as you're here, any cheeky tips you want to give on vocals? I've really been considering adding some at some point, but I've never realllllly processed anything serious before. I've got a couple of ideas in mind but because of the sheer crazy nuances/dynamic range of a voice I'm thinking it might be a bit tricky than recording from an old synth.
By Yozzer_Hughes Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:56 pm
vocals ....that bastard

this is what ive been strugling with tbh

I just use ableton multiband ,heres the order

use a eq cut of 550hz-700 and do a boost at around 7-8000hz
then surgical eq the horid noises

then i'll use the ableton compressor and side chain it to a kick just lightly

then ill throw a multiband at the end ,with decapitator somewhere at thebeginning
By Metatron72 Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:19 pm
Merv, enlighten me on this decapitator. I thought I knew of every VST in existence, but apparently I missed something.
By Yozzer_Hughes Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:21 pm
Metatron72 wrote:Merv, enlighten me on this decapitator. I thought I knew of every VST in existence, but apparently I missed something.

soundtoys ,its a saturator
By scoobylol Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:26 pm
Yozzer_Hughes wrote:you making beats now are you

I've always made beats made I've just never had any vocals. I mentioned in another thread, I did record a cover version of a tune once but it wasn't very serious. Just wanted to see how good a Shure SM58 actually was.

It's true you really can't polish a turd. I sounded like a vagina, and not in a good way.
By Metatron72 Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:27 pm
Yozzer_Hughes wrote:
Metatron72 wrote:Merv, enlighten me on this decapitator. I thought I knew of every VST in existence, but apparently I missed something.

soundtoys ,its a saturator

Thanks Merv. I only a freebie demo VST from that company. Always curious to see what's out there.

Wait this thread was about Ableton 9, which I'm starting to feel is the Dretox of DAWS. I couldn't even export a linear mix of songs the other day because it was larger than 2048MB, while I'm sitting on 24GB of RAM. Ableton, 64bit NOW. :x
By Metatron72 Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:28 pm
scoobylol wrote:
Yozzer_Hughes wrote:you making beats now are you

I've always made beats made I've just never had any vocals. I mentioned in another thread, I did record a cover version of a tune once but it wasn't very serious. Just wanted to see how good a Shure SM58 actually was.

It's true you really can't polish a turd. I sounded like a vagina, and not in a good way.

At least I know you're far too tasteful to resort to autotune. :) I don't even like shouting tags on a mix myself. You have to let me hear that vocal if you still have it.
By scoobylol Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:36 pm
Far too poor haha.

I have an awful confession, you remember that tune Cher released with that crazy autotune effect? Well it was called "Believe" and I f*cking love it.
By Metatron72 Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:01 pm
scoobylol wrote:Far too poor haha.

I have an awful confession, you remember that tune Cher released with that crazy autotune effect? Well it was called "Believe" and I f*cking love it.

Why not? Respect the originators. :)