Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By the cosmic pimp Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:41 am
Man i wish them germans genius's would hurry and get this out.

all i ask for is to be able to record midi in the conventinal view.

that is all 8)

the bugs and crashes strangely only occur with a few vst's so i am good

also am about t get the LIVE symbol tatooe'd on my neck
By Metatron72 Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:51 am
the cosmic pimp wrote:Man i wish them germans genius's would hurry and get this out.

all i ask for is to be able to record midi in the conventinal view.

that is all 8)

the bugs and crashes strangely only occur with a few vst's so i am good

also am about t get the LIVE symbol tatooe'd on my neck

I just got 8.2.5, and supposedly it's more stable, I'll report back. I think I'm in the minority as far as the frequency of my crashes, it seems many users have no problems.

Apparently they spent the last 18 months troubleshooting it (went from .2 to .5 with this release), I think 64 bit for 9 will take a while, unfortunately. I can't wait, the 24GB of RAM I have plus jBridge makes Live even more tempermental.
By Metatron72 Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:08 am
the cosmic pimp wrote:i'm off to get the symbol tattoed on my neck in a minute as reconizition on how it saved my life

i realy do love it

meta i never knew you used Ableton, how are you gettin on with it

I've had it since version 5. I have FL, Reason and Maschine plus a bunch of hardware. Live mostly took Reason's place a few years ago, but around when I bought Maschine the Live crashing became unbearable. So it's been Maschine and ton of VST's (since 1.6) for the last 18 months.

I pretty much feel the same as you about Live, it's unique, fast, incredibly versatile and probably that and Maschine are the most fun I ever had on a computer. I've felt like Napolean in exile due to the crashing. I'm really hoping the new build is better. I have the whole suite and Max, as well as a Launchpad, so hopefully tomorrow Live's back in effect for me. :D
By the cosmic pimp Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:30 am
scoobylol wrote:
the cosmic pimp wrote:i'm off to get the symbol tattoed on my neck in a minute as reconizition on how it saved my life

Pics on completion please.

I havent got a camera ,my phone is only a 8 quid from tesco's
By the cosmic pimp Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:04 am
Ableton 9 wishlist

24 band eq

more freq band vocoder

abilty to freeze tracks that are connected to each other by multibands and shit :angry: :angry:

abilty to recore midi in conventional daw view

no more bastrad popin when you use a soundtoy plug ,as when you cycle a loop more than 4 times

a **** digital explosion happens which is frightenig when ur whizzing and havent slept for days.
By gertie Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:11 am
>>a **** digital explosion happens which is frightenig when ur whizzing and havent slept for days.

:shock:

cant be good for the aul ticker.....especially after all dem salts
By the cosmic pimp Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:13 am
gertie wrote:>>a **** digital explosion happens which is frightenig when ur whizzing and havent slept for days.

:shock:

cant be good for the aul ticker.....especially after all dem salts

Know dat kidda :lol: :lol:

just got some bath salts a minute ago lulz.

when r u joing the live party gertrude
By Upright Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:09 am
I'm not an Ableton fan but...

According to the official rumor, Live 9 will include:

64-bit support
New effects
Soundcloud integration
A new synth
(source: www.synthtopia.com)
By mr_debauch Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:36 am
I often hear people bringing up bugs, instability, and glitching with live... what exactly does it have the tendency to do exactly? (if the rumours are actually true and it isn't user error) because I have a friend who is a very successful dj/producer who swears by ableton and he uses it to for all of his live sets etc... he never seems to have any choking or any noticeable issues any time I've heard his sets etc. I had an older version that didn't seem to do anything strange at all.
By Metatron72 Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 am
mr_debauch wrote:I often hear people bringing up bugs, instability, and glitching with live... what exactly does it have the tendency to do exactly? (if the rumours are actually true and it isn't user error) because I have a friend who is a very successful dj/producer who swears by ableton and he uses it to for all of his live sets etc... he never seems to have any choking or any noticeable issues any time I've heard his sets etc. I had an older version that didn't seem to do anything strange at all.

Both tales are true. :D Live only gets wonky when you have a ton a VST's installed. Even if they all pass Live's scan routine. In my case lately, it isn't like I hoarded a ton of cracks and am doing too much, I actually have paid for over 100 VST's. I ain't gonna lie though, I've run Live and the VST's I use with it, bootlegged and paid retail, there is no difference in stability whatsoever. That's how I realized it's the amount of VST's installed that's the problem. There's so many combinations you could conceivable load, without keeping a log you forget which combos cause freezing/crashing.

My situation seems to be worst case type, and when it works it works well. By that I mean I have no audio engine/glitch issues, just freezes when 3-7 VST's start wildin' out.
By mr_debauch Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:27 am
Metatron72 wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:I often hear people bringing up bugs, instability, and glitching with live... what exactly does it have the tendency to do exactly? (if the rumours are actually true and it isn't user error) because I have a friend who is a very successful dj/producer who swears by ableton and he uses it to for all of his live sets etc... he never seems to have any choking or any noticeable issues any time I've heard his sets etc. I had an older version that didn't seem to do anything strange at all.

Both tales are true. :D Live only gets wonky when you have a ton a VST's installed. Even if they all pass Live's scan routine. In my case lately, it isn't like I hoarded a ton of cracks and am doing too much, I actually have paid for over 100 VST's. I ain't gonna lie though, I've run Live and the VST's I use with it, bootlegged and paid retail, there is no difference in stability whatsoever. That's how I realized it's the amount of VST's installed that's the problem. There's so many combinations you could conceivable load, without keeping a log you forget which combos cause freezing/crashing.

My situation seems to be worst case type, and when it works it works well. By that I mean I have no audio engine/glitch issues, just freezes when 3-7 VST's start wildin' out.

how odd, so is it scanning for each VST installed (including potential newly installed ones) when ever you load up ableton on your version? also, is this the same situation on both the apple and windows platforms? my friend I mentioned uses an apple laptop (if there is any difference)