Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Smoov Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:50 pm
Hey folks. I would definitely dig if someone would take the idea of the RS-16x as displayed here:
http://homepage.mac.com/seishu/ssworks/rs16x/rs16x.html
This right here is like a virtual MPC 3000 without the ability to sample or incorporate VST/AU/RTAS plugin instruments into it's sequencer in standalone mode. I know that you can Rewire it through Logic, but if someone would take this system and add the ability to use 3rd party plugins like NI Maschine along with the ability to bounce multiple tracks at once or even MP3s would be sick!!!! I think it would make what true veterans that like myself who have used everything from SP-12's to all the MPC's that ever came out very happy. Plus I still haven't seen anyone else pull it off. GURU/Geist, and BPM are cool, but couldn't even touch this!!!! :o :D 8) :mrgreen:
By mp3 Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:00 am
Akai releasing a virtual MPC is Akai shooting itself in the foot... I often wonder why no one considers this when the subject of Akai and MPC-like software comes up...

Its simple. They know that:
1. they can't compete in the software world without significantly retooling their staff,
2. they would have to redesign their entire business model, and
3. most importantly, they would sell fewer MPCs.
By rogue scrunt Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:23 pm
Askia Shaheed wrote:So what does this product have to offer that Maschine (without the hardware)...or even BPM doesn't? (features not price).

the ability to create and save MPC programs
By Askia Shaheed Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:08 am
rogue scrunt wrote:
Askia Shaheed wrote:So what does this product have to offer that Maschine (without the hardware)...or even BPM doesn't? (features not price).

We can create and save MPC programs using an MPC. Now if it can load MPC projects, all files, etc that would be a winner. An MPC plugin would be a winner. You would no longer have to track your MPC directly into a DAW and have to deal with MIDI sync. We would be able to load the MPC plugin within a DAW and the load MPC project files from compact flash into the plugin :shock: I doesn't need to sample or anything else. Just playback MPC project files within a DAW.
By rogue scrunt Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:08 pm
Askia Shaheed wrote:
rogue scrunt wrote:

We can create and save MPC programs using an MPC.

you asked about machine, not MPC

just answering you question
By Askia Shaheed Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:23 pm
rogue scrunt wrote:

And you are absolutely correct. But creating and saving MPC programs is not a winning idea in my opinion. Loading and saving MPC project files would be a winner.
By carloboranga Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:21 pm
Askia Shaheed wrote:
rogue scrunt wrote:

And you are absolutely correct. But creating and saving MPC programs is not a winning idea in my opinion. Loading and saving MPC project files would be a winner.

maybe it's cause im stunned but i still feel like if i want to create an mpc project i play my mpc -.-"

this software thing seems like something i could upload on my cellphone to kill some time now and then...

this would be genius if i could load a project i made on the mpc on this, in a way i could easily edit separate tracks on a daw without actually register a thing

can this thing do that?
By carloboranga Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:42 pm
sorry language gap i guess ^^'

i mean it would be awesome to:

1) create a project on the mpc;

2) copy the prj file on the pc;

3) open it on this software;

4) use the software as plug in or in rewire with a daw;

5) being able to play and work on separate tracks on the project i started on the mpc, in the daw...

hope i was clear this time!