Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By goldenxscholars Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:53 am
which one do you guys prefer using

when i first started using ableton impulse seem fairly simple to use plus it automatically programmed to the pads on my controller but while it has some snazzy features it can be fairly limiting once after you gain some experience with ableton overall

plus i really didn't like how it altered the pitch of the samples with the warping. i would try to redo some beats i had done on the mpc but they sounded different.

this was fixed when i switched to drum racks its so much more awesome to me. i don't even use warping on tracks at all other than when im chopping my samples and using warp markers to program the slices to midi

also how is your workflow with the racks? do you use multiples racks or just put all your samples onto one rack?

usually i have a rack for drums only and other racks for samples from songs and such.
By Yozzer_Hughes Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:17 am
I use drum rack for sampling but Impulse comes out for percussion ,Just assign a dufferent sound to an independent impulse channel ,add fx amd then send to a drum buss for final processing ,Seems best to me .
By faze1 Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:34 pm
DRUM RACKS!!! This is what won me over to using ableton. To me it was the closest thing to a "virtual mpc". I have a template for drums, and another for chopped samples. Never saw the need to use impulse (other than sample some of the impulse kits...808's etc)