Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By andromeda Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:03 pm
Found similar articles from 2005 and i figured a new post may be best.

Tried the scarlett 18i6 and just can't seem to get the driver and win 7 64 bit cubase 6.04 to play together. Tried the 1.1b2 and the 1.1 driver - went through the optimizing win tutorial - Unplugged all other USB devices from PC - still no luck so far.

Unkown device
No hardware found (these are the errors i get)

it seems like a great price for adat + all the other inputs. What else is there out there that is within this price range??? ... AND WORKS... lol on win 7 64 pc running cubase 6.04? I stopped using the computer for these type of incompatibility reasons, and now that i'm back, i'm remembering vividly why i walked away from them in the first place. This is why i don't know my soundcard gear these days. i've been outta the latest gear game for while... Thanks for any replies!
By andromeda Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:07 am
Thanks for quick replies!

The Asio 4 drivers might have worked, But i can't get windows to see the hardware at all. Or... maybe you mean that i need to install possibly an asio 4 update for windows possibly? On second look i think you did mean within Cubase.

I was just looking at that mk3... It's quite a bit more coin though, like double!

Damn that Scarlett had it all! I feel like i had a one night stand with total babe; than she wouldnt' talk to me ever again.... errr... i mean... :?

whats worse is i'm realizing my computer only has usb inputs. No firewire nor any PCI slots available! Ugghh... So there goes all those nifty firewire & sturdy PCI cards!
I also need
1 spidif
1 adat x8 in
at the same time to work as my mixer outputs spidif (pro mix 01 :o ) and my 4k 8 adat...

This is rough and i'm sick of wasting time. So far it looks Mk3 ugghh.... Like lumps on my skull..^^^$$$^^^$$$
By andromeda Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:55 am
PreSonus AudioBox 1818VSL?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/776928-REG/PreSonus_AUDIOBOX_1818VSL_AudioBox_1818VSL_USB.html

Just found this thing advertised for $500?
any experienced knowledge to be given on this brand? Anyone know if you can monitor both Adat and SPidif at the simultaneously?

I'll look into to mk2 as well
By Lampdog Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:18 am
Are you able to plug up the scarlett into another computer, install the drivers and are able to see the interface? Any computer w/ usb will do.

Now IF you can see the device on another computer then it's not your interface that's the problem.

You don't have to run or leave the install software on another computer I'm just saying to install it and see if the interface shows up, you can always uninstall everything afterwards.

Do this before you start spending money.
By andromeda Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:05 pm
@ LD!

Thanks for your assistance man :D - This computer is all i got, well i have this old mac book pro for surfing the internets with. But if this card wont sit in this PC and play nice, than i gotta move on. If the card hates my computer than we need to find a new play friend for my PC. I have also read on line of other people having this same problem with the driver as well, so it seems i'm not the only parent having playground squabbles of this kind.

The PreSonus 1818 is $200 more... painful, but doable.... while that motu... damn... Thats a set of LUMPS right there ^^^$$$^^^$$$^^^^

It would be so nice to get back to making music again... instead of monkeying around with drivers ... for days... unending.... the emotional roller coaster.... I just cant take it anyomore :cry:

I'll give a report of how these drivers sit so possibly someone else can avoid this dreadful state.
By Lampdog Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:36 pm
My advice is before you buy into the next interface do extensive research on it.

Also if you feel like saving money look into interfaces that have the exact number of inputs and the exact type of inputs you need or maybe a few more inputs than you need (later expansion of gear ya know).

Look around for different brands also, maybe you can find the same number of inputs and features in another cheaper brand. Focusrite makes some good stuff also.
By andromeda Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:10 am
Ok - the Presonus works well...
No driver issue at all which was nice!

had to put more coin down though and i must say i never really figured out why the Scarlett gave me such a headache. It possibly could have hung in there and got it working, but i feel good moving on i must say.

I got all adat running fine with spidif and regular xlr's all monitoring at the same time. This is good!

I feel like the latency is just a hair too long though... 4.8 is what it reads. I'd like to feel that get just a hair quicker, but i can get it in as is. wish i didn't need the spend the extra, and who knows, i may not have needed to. I just couldn't take the driver madness no more.

the only other issue i ran into was my mixer seems to put out a 48khz spidif instead of 44? Is that possible? well I'm going to see if there is a cable converter that can help me with that. If not i don't care anymore. Gonna get to music now! Thanks for all the advice and ima keep it moving! :)

conclusion - Presonus did the job with really no worries at all. Never really found out why the Scarlett didn't like my machine, but when it was swapped with the presonus = NEVER DROPPED MY MACHINE ONCE! not even with a big STUPID midi loop i created by mistake! Just seems like a way more solid driver for my wind 7 PC 64bit !
By andromeda Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:03 pm
well that certainly may be. And that would explain the predicament. When I'm monitoring the adat - i can only seem to get it to work right if i have the daw set to record at 44.1. If i switch to 48, the adat outputs 1&2 get all distorted and crappy, however the rest of the adat lines sound fine 3-8. And the spidif monitors in just fine.
Than, if i switch back to 44, the Spidif goes bad but the lines 1&2 of adat come through clear again? To add to the mess if i route the Motif es through spidif in at 44 - it sounds fine?....
So i have been only monitoring the es through the digital however i really wanted the Pro mix 01 to be monitored through spidif while i monitor 1-8 adat.
Geeeez! what a mess, if someone could tell this noob what the norm is and how to get this work that would be nice! :mrgreen: