Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Lampdog Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:37 am
Just got ipolysix, this thang is funky! Preset junkies need not apply. The app knocks. Korg on point with this.
By Lampdog Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:11 pm
Mag and Sun feel more modern. iPoly puts my mind state back a few decades. All three can be tweaked to ANYTHING YOU WANT. iPoly doesn't sound as "paddy" but it probably can and I just haven't dove that far into it yet. It gives me the feeling that tweaking is MANDATORY, a TWEAK OR DIE type feeling :lol:

..and I'm fine with that, I'm going to tweak anyway. Korg has always done right by me so an iPoly purchase was going to happen.

And with this, I have enough synths.
By Ocular Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:07 pm
Yup, the layout looks similar to Sunrizer but a bit more basic. Maybe I'll pick it up before the end of January before the sale ends. Is it one oscillator or two? I'm guessing two but Korg doesn't make it very clear on that point.

With all this talk on synths, I feel it's obligatory to post this link from Sound on Sound called "Synth Secrets":

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/allsynthsecrets.htm

Just a warning, it goes very deep into sound design theory, but that's a good thing :nod:
By Lampdog Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:47 am
Sunrizer appealled to me because I was thinkng of getting a Minibrute, lol.
It looks JUST like it. After a few good friends advised me on Sunrizer I got it and I'm highly satisfied. That was actually my first ever ipad app and a damn good choice.
By Lampdog Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:55 pm

By acronym Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:01 pm
I don't get it :hmmm:

Whats the selling point?
By Lampdog Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:01 pm
Maybe you could look it up and find out more about it (if your interested or just curious). There's a wireless selling point in there somewhere.

By acronym Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:50 pm
^Didn't mean to come off as being smart, just curious what would an ipad actually provide more than a decent mixer doesn't already. I'm curious as essentially a mixer is one of those hardware where tactile feedback is needed most.
By Lampdog Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:17 pm
acronym wrote:^Didn't mean to come off as being smart.

I didn't take it as that, it's cool.

Wireless appeals to different people. Maybe not you but somebody out there might like it.

I read the engineer can walk around the stage checking speaker volumes and stuff, he can use the ipad then go back and plug into his mixer when he's back at the desk or whatever.

Not being a saleman but that's how I understood it.
By acronym Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:28 pm
Ahhh, my studio is a dingy small bedroom, I can easily see that happening now. Thanks Lamp.
By Lampdog Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:50 pm
No thanks needed big dog. I was just showing how different people have different needs.

Me, I don't even have a mixer, never cared to have one. I use the on screen mixer in my audio interface, rme ufx. It's fine with me.

I thought about Lemur on my ipad to control my ufx mixer wirelessly.
I wanted (not a need, just a greedy ass want) a touch screen mixer.
Ipad fell in my lap this year, just something I am/was/am interested in.

ac7 core
lemur
touchosc

...can all control my audio interface mixer but several people have told me lemur is the way to go.