Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Coz Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 pm
Yeah I like the look of that. :nod: :smoker:
By Lampdog Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:36 pm
After updating iPad Pro, I noticed a difference.

Tried to start up Beatmaker 2. "Unable to install App as it's no longer available in the APP STORE".

What, bich I paid for the flowers program da'fuq you mean you can't install it, it should already be on my ipad pro. DA'FUQ you mean? It's a paid program, it should reside and always be available on my ipad pro and/or account right?

Maybe it was part of the 32bit unsupported shits and went the way of the DODO.

**** up because I had some good beats on there I wanted to advance and get better with.
By Lampdog Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:42 pm
3 minutes later. I go to to the Apple store and there it is, BM2. I download it, all my stuff is safe and able to load right up. That was a small scare but a big "Da'Fuq" is wrong with the ipad post update installation moment.
By Wormhelmet Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:25 pm
Glad you got it sorted cuz I use BM2 on a Pro and an Air 2 and haven’t had any snags yet except all the crazy features of BM3 and not knowing them that well yet. Find myself using it more than BM3 lately because I’m so familiar with it.

Favorite thing to do on it is hook up my iConnectivity midi I/o and hook it to my Virus Ti. BM2 and 3 are fully multitimbral and I can use all 16 midi channels of the Virus sequenced by BM2 and 3
By Lampdog Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:16 am
I snatched all my samples out of BM2 and placed them in BM3, got familiar with that and rarely go back to BM2.

By inflict3 Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:28 am
Lampdog wrote:I snatched all my samples out of BM2 and placed them in BM3, got familiar with that and rarely go back to BM2.

Bm2? What the **** is that?? Hahahah it’s all about bm3 for me
By Lampdog Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:25 pm
That ex-girlfriend (BM2) that did you right but she got ditched. She still tries to get your attention every so often but is quite content that at least you "kept it in her family", her finer sister (BM3).
By Wormhelmet Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:04 am
I dug into BM3 today in depth so I can get more familiar. Something kind of clicked in the brain on this one and I understand the structure much better. Pretty slick. Easy to get multiple tracks going with different track types. kits, AU tracks, IAA track, individual samples, midi out to external gear. All handled pretty well by BM3 today. Two crashes out of about 6 hours

I have a lot of my samples on iCloud Drive, but just learned about BM3’s ability to import from AudioShare app which also has WiFi drive sharing, so transferring is almost as easy as the built in FTP of BM2. I don’t use iTunes on my PC, but if I did I would probably just use iTunes file sharing. Great to see the other options though. Really nice to see all the softsynths available to BM3

8)
By Coz Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:32 am
The all round general file handling aspect of the iPad still leaves me cold. I love the synths and apps like Gadget but I can’t work with it for a sample based workflow. It’s too tedious.
By distortedtekno Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:24 pm
Cubasis and all the IAPs are on sale. So I bought the Waves Plug-in Bundle and the Classic Machines since I can use them with Rozetta. I just recently upgraded to iOS 11 and like how the Files app works with Cubasis. Now all it needs is a better sampler. Cubasis 2.5 is gonna be released soon from what I gather. So I’m looking forward to what lies ahead.
By Lampdog Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:20 am

By Cockdiesel Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:25 am
Alesis makes a nice quality unit similar to that. I have the Roland go mixer but it’s really not quality and doesn’t have midi
By Lampdog Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:27 am
If I didn’t already have iPolySix I would be getting this, much more feature rich!

By distortedtekno Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:06 am
Lamp, I have both, Mono/Poly is a beast with it’s 4 oscillators. Definitely worth buying. It’ll go on sale again by Black Friday. If you have Gadget, buying IMono/Poly will allow you to use it as a gadget. The only drawback is that you can’t swap presets with iMono/Poly and the Gadget version. But it still makes Gadget that much better.

Lately, I’ve been using Electribe Wave since it was released. The wave table synth is really cool. The workflow is very fluid. You get 8 synth parts and 8 drum parts. The step sequencer for the synth is 4 note polyphonic. The only thing about the drums is you can’t import your own samples. But Korg are aware of that request and hopefully they might add it since they plan on updating the app with more features.