Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By distortedtekno Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:26 pm
Eyalc wrote:It's an awesome DAW for the price. Definitely recommended.

Yeah its crazy when Logic used to cost around $800 before emagic was acquired by Apple. All the instruments in Logic exceed the $200 price tag alone in value. So Alchemy is a huge bonus here.

I slowly have been getting back into VST/AUs since I a bought Focusrite Scarlett and a Novation Launchkey 25, which both came with free synths and effects. Reaper didn't work so well with the Novation synths. I don't wanna pay $400+ for Ableton or Cubase. So again, this is where Logic entices me to buy it. It's really looking like it'll be my next purchase. I was gonna upgrade from Reason 7 to 8 when they had that sale a few days ago. But Logic is far more of a value for me, especially now.
By SILIS101 Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:08 pm
I started using Logic for the first time last week.
I d-loaded this update and I'm diggin it pretty hard
I sample the instruments into the Ren when needed
Doing this with Alchemy now
By SILIS101 Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:25 am
How would you use Alchemy as a VST or AU for the MPC Software? Can't figure it out. Or is it somehow only executable thru Logic.....
By sinik Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:47 pm
hi folks

looking out for a good DAW for my needs. i will use it mainly for mixing my mpc 4000 beats and editing samples (heard that alchemy is doing a pretty decent job with this). doesnt have to be on a pro tools level, but it has to have features like sidechain compression, a decent sampler/looper and other good tools for mixing and editing my beats.

should i give logic pro X & alchemy a try?

thanks
By JKC Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:13 pm
Hey Folks hope u all had a good Christmas. I have a MPC Ren and a MacBook which I have been using for a while now to make music. Ive been doing a bit of research into Logic pro X and my understanding is that u can use the Ren as a plugin in Pro x. I was just wondering if any of u guys use Prox with the Ren in that way and if so did you find it beneficial ?

I am by no means an expert and I'm just teaching myself about mixing and mastering and I think Pro x seems to be relatively straight forward to use and has features / more advanced features in relation to effects and mixing and mastering which could help me improve my final product.

Just wanting to hear from anyone with that set up to get their thoughts really.