Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By distortedtekno Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:07 pm
That's great news. Is this software for sale or is it freeware?
You should send MPC-Tutor a PM and see what he would like to do.

Edit: i just sent him a PM, so he should see this topic as soon as possible. I'm really excited to learn more as a Mac user with an MPC2000. Post a link so we can see what you got,
By mpblaze Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:20 pm
distortedtekno wrote:Cool. Thanks for the link. So does this app prevent hidden files on the Mac OS from being written to disk?

It doesn't have any interaction with hidden files, so if they are there before conversion they will be there afterwards as well. They are a pain though eh!

Its basically an app to sample convert the files, and rename them into something you can read on the MPC screen (8 or 16 characters max), like a one stop shop if you will. Rather than having to use multiple apps.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:58 pm
mpblaze wrote:Its basically an app to sample convert the files, and rename them into something you can read on the MPC screen (8 or 16 characters max), like a one stop shop if you will. Rather than having to use multiple apps.

I think the mpc500 has something in-between, perhaps 11 or 12 characters can be displayed, 500 owners could confirm. Just thinking that if you offer that as well you'll have a universal legacy mpc app.
By distortedtekno Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:39 am
mpblaze wrote:nice one... yeah give it a try. There is a 30 day money back guarantee, so you having nothing to loose.

Cool. I'll grab it during the week. I can't go wrong for the price. Even if there's any issues, I'd rather report them to you to fix, rather than seek a refund. There hasn't been anything available like this for Mac OS aside of MPC Maid (which don't work for the 2000). I got a ton of samples from my old MPC1000 that are on my Mac HD which I'd like to rename and use for my 2000. So this app would be just what I need.
By inflict3 Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:23 am
this would be good for renaming samples, every damn time i buy a sample pack the names are sooooo long my mpc500 will not scroll through them and i have to shorten each one… great job!!
By mpblaze Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:03 am
inflict3 wrote:this would be good for renaming samples, every damn time i buy a sample pack the names are sooooo long my mpc500 will not scroll through them and i have to shorten each one… great job!!

Yeah that was my starting motivation. A lot of the newer sample packs come in 24bit audio as well. I was sat there trying to get my samples ready for the MPC thinking "theres gotta be a better way than this!"