Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By richie Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:44 pm
Yeah man I was mentioning this in the Random section.

Some of the plugins are a little buggy depending on the daw but they work man.
By mr_debauch Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:51 am
well i didn't know slate digital used ilok protection for example... and their stuff has been on the piracy market for a long time... however if i was a user of that kind of software (i don't use that stuff pirated either) i would be damn tempted to get the ilok cracks just to put away the ilok.
By Coz Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:58 am
ilok has been painless in my experience, so I'm not sure what people's issue is with it, other than forcing people to either buy the software or not use it.
By richie Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:02 am
There are pros and cons to this type of stuff.

The issue with complicated software protection schemes is that they hamper the performance of the software. There are several examples over the years where software with dongle based protections run far better than not.

It isn't always about 'stealing' software but there are several other instances where people have to go through hoops to do regular sh*t. Like, if I paid for software, why do I have to wait for it to be deactivated from one computer, use it on another. Or what if I forgot my dongle, or what if I don't have an internet connection for an extended period of time, I gotta wait to get back online for it to call home.
By mr_debauch Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:43 pm
yeah, it's the people who paid that get screwed half the time.