Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By v00d00ppl Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:43 pm
http://d16.pl/decimort

This plugin has been out for a while and does a great job at emulating some classic samplers. I made this thread to share knowledge of the real sampler's bit crushing vs. the plugin.

Let's start with the (SCS 440) Studio 440 preset. The filter, dithering, and jitter settings are about as close as you get when you put in your one shot into the Studio 440. If you want the authentic experience start with the resample knob at 31khz. That is the sweet spot frequency of the studio 440. I love playing with my studio 440, but I usually get stressed for time to spend long sessions with the machine. This is as close as you can get to the real thing. This is a way for me to easily practice during the week with my chops without working on a slow piece of hardware.

If you have a controller like push 2 there are default touch sensitive knobs for the resample setting. Just go easy on the knob. You can start with the default 25 on the preset or go 31khz and turn the knob gradually down.