Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Killedbyghosts Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:43 am
Hi everybody! I'm having a problem with my DPS24, thought I'd start looking through forums to try find an answer. i've not found the problem anywhere. So anyway, here goes...
I've not owned it for very long, I bought it second hand, around the end of December 2015, I paid £200 for it, and it's all been working fine, there was always a problem with channel 2, the chap I bought it from told me about it, but had said you still have another 22 tracks to play with, so it never bothered him. It would make a kinda electronic sorta distorted noise, with dropout on the sound here and there. so, I could live with that, and just use the remaining 22 channels. Channel 2 was sometimes intermitent, and If I lightly tapped the top of the machine with my finger tips, around the trim pot, then it fixed it. Like it had a loose connection. Anyway, I was setting up a recording the other day, just with channel 3+4 open, I had placed a different mic on each speaker of my AC30" and listening through headphones was moving the mics around to hear the different sounds, at first all was fine, then after a while, I started getting the same noise on those channels as I had always had on channel 2. So now I have this on either 3 or 4, or both, so thought I'd try some other channels, but they're all doing it. The whole lot of them now have this distortion. Sounds a bit like playing through a Fuzz Factory guitar pedal. The best way I can describe it, is if you were to turn the trim pot up full on that channel, so it clipped, you'd get horrid noise, well it's like that, but the trim is at a normal level, not going into the red or anything, if you back it off a fraction and then you hardly get enough output coming through at all. One of the mics I was using I'm unfamiliar with, and it wasn't producing much output, and at one point I switched on the phantom power to see if it needed that, (It turned out later it was just a problem with the mic and it didn't need phantom power) now I can't be sure if my noise problem started as a result of switching on the phantom power, because I can't quite remember at what point I switched that on, if I had already started having noise problems, or if it was all fine prior to this. Any idea of what this could be would be greatly appreciated.