Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By richie Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:47 am
So you decided to pay for it instead of get it for free from me? Well in that case, I'll charge you half of whatever "nice price" your friend did.

I also have 2.0
By Mike Boogie Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:52 pm
Coz wrote:https://www.oscillicious.com/beatcleaver/

I completely forgot about BEATCLEAVER!!! And it has had some MAJOR updating since I last took a look at it.

Didn't the dev for this hang here?

Damn, looking nicer than Recycle ATM!
By 40Beatz Thu May 03, 2018 5:53 pm
I know I'll get my Head Chewed off but... For some Quick Slicing...I use the Fruity Slicer in FL 12
By richie Thu May 03, 2018 9:00 pm
40Beatz wrote:I know I'll get my Head Chewed off but... For some Quick Slicing...I use the Fruity Slicer in FL 12

Why would you get your head chewed off? The FL Slicer is dope and you can add several VST effects on top of it in that channel bus. Far more powerful than Recycle.
By stinktank Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:48 pm
Good thread.

I've been using Recycle for over ten years. Good program. Yet, now that I want to use it as a quick tool to chop loops with, I was surprised to find that "extra decay" mentioned in this thread. It's not handy to have, say, 5 loops I want to join and some milliseconds of space between each loop.

I tried BeatClever: you can't change the pitch without time stretching. And the zoom tool is slow.

I'm using Audacity, which while good, you can't change the pitch without time stretching.

Any ideas, fellow lovers of music?
By e-smile-z Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:13 am
Use audacity !!its free. Or you can use any daw for slicing samples like reaper.

inside the daw could be slicex an option for you
By machinesworking Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:18 pm
stinktank wrote:Good thread.

I've been using Recycle for over ten years. Good program. Yet, now that I want to use it as a quick tool to chop loops with, I was surprised to find that "extra decay" mentioned in this thread. It's not handy to have, say, 5 loops I want to join and some milliseconds of space between each loop.

I tried BeatClever: you can't change the pitch without time stretching. And the zoom tool is slow.

I'm using Audacity, which while good, you can't change the pitch without time stretching.

Any ideas, fellow lovers of music?

you can turn the decay off...
By stinktank Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:00 pm
e-smile-z wrote:Use audacity !!its free. Or you can use any daw for slicing samples like reaper.

inside the daw could be slicex an option for you

Yeah, I use Audacity, but you cannot change the pitch without time stretching.

Edison and Slicex seem good, but I want to keep it simple and flowing. So adding a new DAW to my playchain, just to slice like a samurai, is no fun.
By Christov Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:55 am
Not sure how precise it is in comparison to recycle, but with mpc maid you can chop samples and make them into mpc programs.
By conrad Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:30 am
I'm working on a recycle like tool, what features would the community like to see ? there will be a free and paid version. basic auto slicing will deffo be in the free version.
By peterpiper Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:17 pm
Although I mostly chop the manual way I would like to suggest the feature to make the release phase of the slices longer. AFAIR Recycle reversed the end of a slice and put an envelope on it. That is one way to do it. Another way would be timestreching but timestretching affect the trasients to much so it would be better to keep the first half of the slice and just timestretch the latter half on the slice. TimestretchMarkers like in Reaper are great for this.

Another thought: Slice not only in time but also in Frequceny and route to different channels but keep it flexible so the user can choose what he/she want for each slice.
Another thought: Add convolution reverb so the user can make he slices short and add the reverb to fill the gaps.

Layer function. So you can load in 2or 3 drumloops and layer them (auto tempomatch and alignment, auto and manual rearrange slices of drumloop 2 and 3 to match drumloop1)

UI related: Make it as VST, make it playable via PC keyboard, different waveform displays (simple lines, filled and colored for differnt frequencies like the waveform in some DJ software.

peace