Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By 6/8 Stanley Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:08 am
Looking for iPhone app to play MPC beats (not make beats) through portable speaker. Play acoustic guitar to the beats by campfire. There's a VLC for iPhone but lots of recent bad reviews. Maybe it's not ready.

All I'd need to see on phone is files, start, play, loop, and stop. Maybe tempo.
By Lampdog Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:32 pm
VLC is free, what’s stopping you from trying “free”?

I’ve been using VLC since years ago, used it for view-only uav-drone vid in Afg.

It has always given me exactly what I want.

Even now on ipad I use it A LOT for movie/music playback.
By 6/8 Stanley Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:53 pm
I'll give it a try. Have the PC version on laptop, it's great for looping etc. Menu text size is too small but it's the only thing I don't like.

Other option is put the beats on my Fiio M9 music player. Better DAC than my other stuff. It won't loop seamlessly AFAIK (it needs a better manual or at least its own forum) but I could record some long MPC audio files for it with the H6 if I can't make it loop right.
By Lampdog Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:28 pm
You said "play" not loop.

When you add anything other than just 'play' it becomes different.
By 6/8 Stanley Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:26 pm
Very different for sure. A long "play" file won't have any loops issues but it will need the H6 or similar to get it out of the MPC. That's because I'm running several big programs (bass, piano, world percussion, and trumpet) at once on the sequences I want to use. That will run it out of memory before I can sample the audio outs more than about two minutes. So to get say an 8 minute stereo wav file I'd need to record the outs with the H6, save it and send it to PC by USB.

But for loops I can take a 12, 24, 36 or 48 bar sequence (so the 6,12, 3, and 4 beat polyrhythms all end up at the same time), sample and trim that loop and drag it straight to the PC by USB. Then hope it works on the iPhone VLC or the Fiio.
Looping seems more "pro" but either way is OK if it works.
By Lampdog Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:54 am
Beatmaker 3 can do that. It’s MUCH more than you want but it’s WELL worth the money. It’s MUCH MORE than a simple “clip” launcher. TF is a clip? A sample? Look into BM3.

Wait, I don’t remember BM3 rules for super long audio/file size.

Sounds like you just want an audio sequencer, something that can keep a loop in time with bars so you van add other stuff in time with those bars. Sequencer.
By 6/8 Stanley Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:37 am
Was checking the VLC for iOS forum today. Complaints from the last couple days about the newest version, v3.1.9 having looping problems not in previous versions. Moderator said they know and it will soon be fixed. I didn't understand exactly what the deal was but maybe I'll wait for the next version.

BTW:
6/8 Stanley wrote:I can take a 12, 24, 36 or 48 bar sequence
Whoops, beats not bars! Any number of 12 beat bars, or any even number of 6 beat bars will work for those rhythms depending on chord changes.