Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By 6/8 Stanley Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:39 am
Got the zoom H6 months ago, got the exh-6 for it last week on sale. Cubase le and wavelab le for pc came with it, a link that is. Got Reaper, haven't upgraded to paid yet but will, if only because of the video tutorials. Haven't used it yet, bought an acoustic guitar and learning to play it, takes all my time when I'm not playing bongos. It's not like playing a good electric guitar. So are those freebies any good? Easy to figure out?
By peterpiper Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:07 pm
My opinion: If you're familiar with Reaper and don't really miss anything then don't waste your time to learn a different DAW. Its not the DAW, it's you and how good you know Reaper. On the other hand, if you are not that familiar with Reaper than a sneak into Cubase won't harm. But IMO Reaper is much more flexible than Cubase.
I think switching from Reaper another DAW is harder than the other way cause even if you come from ....let say ProTools, Reaper offer the flexibility with themes and scripts to mimic the look and feel of ProTools or logic or cubase or whatever. Of course it's not exactly the same but it help those that come from a different DAW

https://www.protoolstoreaper.com/
https://stash.reaper.fm/browse.php?q=pr ... o=nd&pp=24

peace
By dazastah Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:06 pm
yeah im a reaper Dog too..

I migrated over from cubase.
Too many utility tools, scripts , flexible routing options and customization of workflow to switch over to another daw for me.
Also Cubase le is a seriously limited version of cubase and wavelab is pretty much a destructive wave editor .
imo a destructive wave editor really has no use anymore. Especially the Le versions .
Reaper has the scripts and addon tools to out perform both le versions by far.
You'll also realise later that having a sepearte editor for editing audio files is stupid.. Especially when editing audio files/regions/tracks in context with other tracks above or below your view. ie Time stretching Multiple stretch markers across tracks ...
By Lampdog Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:56 pm
peterpiper wrote:Reaper offer the flexibility with themes and scripts to mimic the look and feel of ProTools or logic or cubase or whatever. Of course it's not exactly the same but it help those that come from a different DAW

I made mine sort of look like Adobe Audition CSS once. Had a great feel to it even if it's JUST a skin.

dazastah wrote:yeah im a reaper Dog too..

Me, too. Every since Nym suggested it years ago.

BTW, Happy Late Bday Nym!