Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By quietizkept Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:37 pm
I spent all morning searching & trying to get this to work a couple of different ways, but there really isn't much help online.

I tried:
Using MPC Software & Reaper both in standalone, using Rewire out of MPC into Rewire in on Reaper
Using MPC Software as a plugin

Both ways, no sound. the MPC Software's meters don't even move in plugin mode. I'm using good drum programs that I use daily so I know they're ok. I'm familiar with using MPC as a plugin in two other daws, I feel like my routing is correct. It works perfectly in Cakewalk and Harrison Mixbus.

I tried all of the fundamental stuff, I know Reaper's audio output is working properly. The MPC Software's on-screen pads light up when I hit the hardware pads, but the loaded samples don't play. Again, MPC Software's meters don't even move.

All this works fine on other DAWS. It should be the same principles on any DAW. I want to try Reaper because it's light on CPU. I'm obviously just missing something stupid.

Maybe I'm not using the proper search terms, but I can't find crap online about it. Akai support is useless. Maybe someone knows a guide they could point me to? :hmmm: Thanks a million.
By quietizkept Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:54 am
In case anyone has the same problem, I fixed it on accident. In the start menu, Reaper has an option to open + reset to default settings. No idea which setting I had borked, but it works now. In fact, of all the DAWS I've tried, Reaper was the easiest to set up as the MPC plugin host, and has the tightest integration. Just add MPC as a virtual instrument, then it asks you if you want the 16 stereo outs. Reaper automatically routes MPC's outputs to 16 stereo tracks, and the transport controls just work, with no configuration! I wish I had known this years ago while Akai support was making my beard turn grey. Cheers!
By Lampdog Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:42 am
quietizkept wrote: I wish I had known this years ago .....

It might have been 7yrs ago when Nym said Reaper is the shit and we should pay attention.

That next week I went and got it. Been on it since.