Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By jsunandmax Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:52 am
Hello, i'm a newb and trying to figure out my workflow.
What I want to do is use my MPC One to workout the basic beats/tracks as a loop, then bring it into Ableton for final song composition.

So far, i have figured out I can save an .als as either midi or audio. Both export and load fine EXCEPT, with the midi, it does not send over the specific samples I used inside the Ableton. I have to 're-assign' the instruments on the Ableton side, and right now I dont even have all the same ones in my DAW that I do inside the MPC.

Is there a way to 1-shot send my .als WITH samples (kinda like when you save a Project file) over to Ableton?

Thanks in advance,
jason
By jsunandmax Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:15 am
so, FWIW, I figured out the problem. The MPC is not saving the samples into the /projectfolder/samples/imported.
It DOES save the files when you do a standard Akai project save, so simply select all the .wav in your Akai Projects/Projectname folder, and copy to that /imported folder for Ableton and it will find them when you load the .als in Ableton.

The only problem I still have, is I cannot seem to get them to display properly. Unlike a midi-track generated inside Ableton, i cannot get the grid view (with keyboard on left vertically) to edit the midi notes. If anyone knows how to solve this, greatly appreciated.
By jsunandmax Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:26 am
(posted on Ableton forum also, no response either)

PC, MPC One, Latest Ableton Live

I've been trying to solve this for weeks, hopefully someone can help me out.

When I export an .als from my MPC One, and load it into Ableton I have two problems:

1) Hit Play, all the meters move, but it doesn't play any sounds. It's like it lost all the samples. Adding the folder $Projectname/Samples/Incoming (where the samples are after the export) doesn't seem to do anything.

2) even if i re-assign the samples "by hand", I cannot enter into the midi edit window. When I create tracks from empty project, no problem going to midi edit window and drawing in squares etc.

To be clear, i want to preserve the tracks as midi into Ableton and much about with them there. I see many YT videos where people bake down to long audio streams and import those to Ableton and I dont want to work this way.

ANY help greatly appreciated. I posted a month ago on the MPC-Forums and have zero responses.

Thanks in advance! :D
By demesure Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:39 am
As suggested, you can access all used samples in your project data folder (in your sd card probably).
From their, you can import them in your imported folders…
But as you are still trying to figure out a workflow,
Using controller mode to record into an ableton set is much faster; and you won’t loose the characteristics of your vintage mode if you’ve used any. I don’t know if there’s other things you may loose if you export it this way…