Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Trismos Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:46 pm
I wish to use the MIDIMIX strictly as a midi controller for VSTs within Ableton. I have tried several different times to get the editor to change values where Ableton will recognize and map it but cannot seem to make this work. Is there a way to prevent Ableton from seeing it and using it with it's (the MIDIMIX) Abletons presets and/or to set up MIDIMIX so it always starts up on a User defined template?

(Apologies if this isn't the correct forum but there doesn't seem to really be one...)
By Trismos Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:01 am
Hey hey now! Apologies but I can only reply to so many replies at any one time. I'm keeping track (have a spreadsheet) and will get back to every one of you. (Except for that weirdo hiimkickmedarren.)
I would like to say thanks to dabminister for helping me hang in there when the responses were ... less than inspiring.
By v00d00ppl Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:52 am
Now in ableton preferences do you have the remote switch activated for midimix?

If I recall on my mpd232 I have remote set to « on » in the preferences and I go to my favorite VST. After that I use midi learn in ableton and map each knob out. Have you tried that ?
By Trismos Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:09 pm
Actually on the whole, it seems to be working quite well. I have mapped it to my VCV racks modules and it's being fairly consistent when I close Ableton and re-open it. The buttons don't want to map, or rather they seem to want to map to the original presets but I have the faders and knobs working like I was hoping. Might try this Remotify software that is supposed to give you much better control over Abletons mapping.