Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By v00d00ppl Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:53 pm
https://www.steinberg.net/cubase/new-features/

1. No dongle required.
2. Control Surface editor.
3. Audio Warp allows you to fine tune the timing on your recorded takes.
4. Sample accurate volume automation
5. Better CPU performance.

I’m updating today. I will let you know how it goes.
By dabmeister Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:30 pm
Yes! However, using the eLicenser maintenance which verified that I'm "grace period eligible", it constantly fails the last of 6 steps... :x :WTF:

I guess their servers are jacked atm. Well, I'll try later. :roll:
By v00d00ppl Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:30 pm
Hey brother. Yea I always remember wait 24 hours after a software release to avoid the crowds. I will try downloading tomorrow then.
By dabmeister Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:15 am
v00d00ppl wrote:Hey brother. Yea I always remember wait 24 hours after a software release to avoid the crowds. I will try downloading tomorrow then.

You should be good if you're using the steinberg download assistant. I see version 12 there with all the selective add ons.

I'm trying to get my license upgraded first so I can go to the download page and get it, since they've got me down as being one of those good folks good for the free upgrade.

Cool...what a difference a few hrs made. Now waiting on info from Steinberg
By dabmeister Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:22 pm

Finally figure out this upgrade process. So when you install Cubase, there's an "Activation Manager" program installed as well. This can be found within the programs list under Steinberg (on windows).

Launch the activation manager and follow the process/steps.

By dabmeister Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:14 am
Guys, just for the record...most of you probably wonder why I post detail & picturized info about what I deal with.

This is to help those that might struggle with a similar situation. And showing something rather than trying to describe it, leads to a better outcome imo to the individual seeking such information.

Just doing my part in helping others. :wink:
By dabmeister Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:17 am
v00d00ppl wrote:Hey brother. Yea I always remember wait 24 hours after a software release to avoid the crowds. I will try downloading tomorrow then.

Yo v00, any word on your download & use of Cubase 12?
By maxblack Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:32 pm
Thank you for uploading the Cubase pictures, have not upgraded yet, but can you confirm if you see a script for Akai MPC X, ONE, Live 2, this way it will save us a lot of grief mapping the newer Akai mpc's in Cubase.
By dabmeister Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:26 pm
maxblack wrote:Thank you for uploading the Cubase pictures, have not upgraded yet, but can you confirm if you see a script for Akai MPC X, ONE, Live 2, this way it will save us a lot of grief mapping the newer Akai mpc's in Cubase.

Cool! Unfortunately I've searched and haven't found any source scripts for the newer mpc's. But I do have a solution that will probably be very useful to you.

I have the original Steinberg script maker program I'd be glad to share with you. But you'll have to do the honors of making your own scripts, since I don't own any of the current model mpc's.

BTW, is this for both drum & keygroups?