Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs

By DJAndreas Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:38 am
speaking on software, whats the deal with this producer named "9th Wonder?" I've never heard(want to) his beats, but apparently he does good sh*t on fruityloops.
I'm a hardware guy(mpc60-sp303-w-30-sp12) and always will be, like elmacaco says "its how you work." More power to you if you use software, it's not for me, man, I want to hit pads, not click a mouse for a snare, f*ck that sounds terrible.
At the end of the day, its the man, not the machine, f*ck, madlib could make a dope beat with a stick, empty paint bucket and a tape recorder

By binger0 Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:43 am
well actaully most software producers use controllers such as keyboards or drum pads to make there beats. when i use the mpc with fruity or reason, i use my pads or my midi keyboard. then its the same thing as using hardware. I never clicked a mouse for a snare or whatever. The one thing i have a problem with is sequing on the pc, but with programs like ableton live i can seq the pc with my mpc. And then it makes it just as if the pc was a synth or sound module or sampler. So best of both worlds.

By NeoAtomic Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:43 am
ILL probably get the 3.0 update cause I like reason, but im not in any hurry. I think they could of done more to improve the program other than what they did.....but what are ya gonna do :shock:

By mpc4000xl Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:33 pm
Penfold wrote:so which one of you lot has got the program....hook me rass up nuh!

Penfold U Should Have Hit me on the JACK in NYC .......................

I Coulda Got IT 4 U Brethren.....................

By mpc4000xl Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:36 pm
NeoAtomic wrote:ILL probably get the 3.0 update cause I like reason, but im not in any hurry. I think they could of done more to improve the program other than what they did.....but what are ya gonna do :shock:

This Is True NEO BUT ......................THAT BROWSER >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

THAT BROWSER IS A 1st ..........................

NO Cubase
NO ProTools
NO Logic
NO Garageband
NO Traktion

Has That....................................

4 R E A L... :!: ... :!: ... :!: ... :!:

By mwalker Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:17 pm
[quote] I want to hit pads, not click a mouse for a snare, f*ck that sounds terrible.[/quote]

well, i never click a mouse to record any midi. where do you get that sh!t from. have you ever heard of a drumkat? i actually play my drum parts. i hate people that know allot about nothing (djandreas). my other controller is a m-audio keystation 88 pro. once i turn my laptop on and open live4 i never touch the mouse. what f*ck are you talking about.

p.s. the concept of software(softsynths) and hardware(tone modules/synths) are the same, they generate tones. period. the only real differents is the a software setup can be more mobile. period.

but i can not take a$$holes with that click the mouse sh!t.

last question for djandreas how do you program a flam paradiddle on your pads? do you know how to play one?[/quote]

By ikke Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:50 am
Reason is nice indeedy. I only wish it has a MIDI out port.. :( Its perfect for making loops and laying down some ideas. But you´ll get stuck after a while as it lacks a good mid range (IMHO), a good reverb and a MIDI out port for using your external gear.
The ReDrum ("Murder" backwards -> The Shining, Kubrick ;) ) is dope. I wish there was something like this in vst form..
I sometimes use my MC303 for step-programming samples in the 4k.

By sparq Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:54 am
mwalker wrote:...how do you program a flam paradiddle on your pads?

damn, you took it back with that paradiddle sh*t. I haven't heard that since i was studying drums when i was 7.

Anyway, like i said before, i've been using reason since 1.0 I will never put it down. I use the mpc as well as nuendo, FL studio, asr10, sp1200. the point i'm trying to make is i wouldn't use just one (software or hardware), if you know what you're doing, they complement each other.

By NeoAtomic Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:22 am
DJAndreas wrote:speaking on software, whats the deal with this producer named "9th Wonder?" I've never heard(want to) his beats, but apparently he does good sh*t on fruityloops.
I'm a hardware guy(mpc60-sp303-w-30-sp12) and always will be, like elmacaco says "its how you work." More power to you if you use software, it's not for me, man, I want to hit pads, not click a mouse for a snare, f*ck that sounds terrible.
At the end of the day, its the man, not the machine, f*ck, madlib could make a dope beat with a stick, empty paint bucket and a tape recorder

Yeah man I use my MPC to control Reason, you should do some research and you would know there is things called MIDI controllers, which can be anything with a MIDI out

No mouse clicks over here

By Antonym Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:00 am
until they make a computer music program with an interface more able to be played live (i've done a show off reason using LFOs and stuff...it went well but it lacked fire) software will NEVER replace hardware, only suppliment it in BEAUTIFUL ways.

i use my 1k with reason and it is immensely powerful now. i used to use reason exclusively. that was cool. but now it's just cooler.

how are the best things reached musically? by combining the best of many worlds. do that and nobody will cry. i used to denounce all midi, now i use it with great zeal. i didn't know enough about it to make a judgement.

software is simply becoming a way of augmenting hardware. celebrate it - now we can use effects on reason to play triggered by the mpc. **** yeah.

nym

By mpc4000xl Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:00 pm
Antonym wrote:until they make a computer music program with an interface more able to be played live (i've done a show off reason using LFOs and stuff...it went well but it lacked fire) software will NEVER replace hardware, only suppliment it in BEAUTIFUL ways.

i use my 1k with reason and it is immensely powerful now. i used to use reason exclusively. that was cool. but now it's just cooler.

how are the best things reached musically? by combining the best of many worlds. do that and nobody will cry. i used to denounce all midi, now i use it with great zeal. i didn't know enough about it to make a judgement.

software is simply becoming a way of augmenting hardware. celebrate it - now we can use effects on reason to play triggered by the mpc. **** yeah.

nym

DID U SEE THE Video LINK I POSTED ????????????????????????????

REASON 3.0 CAN AND DOES THIS JUS' LIKE A SYNTH keyboard or Module......................................................

CHECK 4 URSelf..................................
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews ... wsid=2007#

View this Video then Holla Back.......................

By Antonym Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:18 pm
excellent.

By mwalker Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:11 pm
yo sparq, i practice my rudiments almost everyday. by the way a flam parradiddle is alittle harder to play then just a plan parradiddle. try a triple flam paradiddle.

again, it does not make a differences if you use hardware or software because i love live music the best and most songs that are sampled come from a band playing live (ie jame brown the most sampled artist ever).

one other point i would like to make is that most people who invested thoudsands into hardware dislike software because they have laid out allot of money for hardware and do not want to throw thier investment away.

other point is hardware out of the box sounds better then software, i agree. one need to program software to get the best sound. individuals are not willing to learn how to use software.

i feel hardware is easier to operate than software. it is easier to make a beat on the mpc then reason or fruilty loops but once you understand the power of software you will find that it is very powerful. i hate fruity loops but i have heard some nice music from it.

By sparq Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:14 am
mwalker wrote:yo sparq, i practice my rudiments almost everyday. by the way a flam parradiddle is alittle harder to play then just a plan parradiddle. try a triple flam paradiddle.

I've been playing drums for over 25 yrs. I know how to play.

it's all good though

By elmacaco Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:49 am
Software can do more, but it often puts more in the way of what you are trying to achieve.