Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By mpc4000xl Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:50 pm
REASON 3.0.............................

What Do U Think ??????????

Compared to 2.5 Etc...........................

http://www.propellerheads.se/

By Gambles Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:06 pm
I dont think it is much better than 2.5. The additional features are not jaw dropping. I think version 2.5 has been the best so far.

Uno/1

gams

By mpc4000xl Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:09 pm
JUS' Wondering ....................................

I'm STILL on Some 2.5 ISH right now ..................

But it does seem like they made the search n save system better.....

By sparq Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:03 am
Gambles wrote:I dont think it is much better than 2.5. The additional features are not jaw dropping. I think version 2.5 has been the best so far.

Uno/1

gams

i beta test for propellerhead. i have a beta copy of 3.0 it's off the hook. the best feature that i've seen on it is the ability to use an external control surface. if you have cubase or nuendo or whatever other type of daw, you could use the same control surface for both reason and your daw

By Shylock Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:37 am
i havent used reason much - but thats becuase i really cant see what all the fuss is about. what's the point of it?

really...

By mpc4000xl Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:43 pm
U Used Drums Or Drum LOOPS ........................................

1 Word DR.REX................DR.REX

And That's Just The Begining.......................................

THRUST THAT :!: :!: :!: :!:

By bhunt Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:08 pm
I seen the video on sonicstates(i think) website. If you go to the propellerheads website they link you to it. But it sounds great. I don't think I will be using the combinator that much, but if I get a MPD 16 I think I will be using it more and more. You can connect more than one device now so that good and the mastering class suite will give it that sound that everyone has been waiting for

By mpc4000xl Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:22 pm
Gambles wrote:I dont think it is much better than 2.5. The additional features are not jaw dropping. I think version 2.5 has been the best so far.

Uno/1

gams

NOT...................... View The VIDEO ......multiple USB Control , Search Engine ETC. This Is NOT 2.5
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews ... wsid=2007#

The ONE Thing that I'VE ALWAYS Hated was that BLAND Borin' Browser But THAT HAS BEEN Seriously Changed ............. 4 R E A L :!: :!: :!: :!:
By Ricochet Rock Nice Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:16 pm
Iam beta testing also the darn thing times out to fast but it looks
interesting with the M class matering suite and the Combinator
can control your devices and they also have a six line mixer
cant wait until it comes out so I could see what I could do with
it. I can flip Reason 2.5 inside and out but still dont feel like I
I have mastered it to it's maximum potential.

By sparq Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:32 pm
i don't have the time out issue. imo, version 3 is the isht.

By Frankly Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:07 am
i dont get why they only put in those mastering units. i mean, who the hell is really gonna maser their song in reason? any serious person would use a real mastering engineer for their music.

why couldnt they make additional instruments, or even more fx units? they had plenty of time. ill wait until 3.5 comes out.

By DjChronoBeats Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:22 am
dumb asses could of added a vst host and audio in so we could use extrenal devices.

By mwalker Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:24 am
you are missing the point, the purpose of Reason 3.0 is that it will handle "ALL THE MUSIC/BEATS (pro quality) BUT GET SOMETHING ELSE IF YOU WANT TO RECORD AUDIO" period. With Reason you do not need vst(s)(for what?). Reason is on its way to replacing "most" hardware, because the sound engine is going to be on a pro level. A laptop, MPD-16, m-audio ozone, Reason 3.0, Live 4, Recycle and a mastering app is like owning a music/beat making factory.

Lets not turn this into a hardware vs software convo because the mpc is a "bad boy" too.

By binger0 Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:28 am
yeah. reason is tryin to get all hardware users to convert. that is why propellerheads took away sampler support in recycle 2.1, they want u just to use pc. But they offer rewire, so u can use vsts under another host.

By juniorcartel Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:37 am
binger0 wrote:yeah. reason is tryin to get all hardware users to convert. that is why propellerheads took away sampler support in recycle 2.1, they want u just to use pc. But they offer rewire, so u can use vsts under another host.

Yes sir ,I was told this by the reason man himself , that guy's a funny dude http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews ... wsid=2007#