Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs

By dubmunkey Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:07 am
agree with that- limitations breed innovations or at least you learn through limitations....but my main gripe about pcs are they are not plug n play like hardware- i want it to work, straight outta the box...

greg

By dubmunkey Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:08 am
i hate fruity loops
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

why do you hate fruity?!?!?!?

greg

By Blue Haze Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:31 am
Reason is nice and I expect to use it more as a sound module in the future. Looking forward to the 3.0 release. :D

By Blue Haze Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:31 am
Listening through sound Yamahas 10s really help too. Did Andre 3000 use reason for some of his songs? I think I read in a SOS issue that he did or his engineer. Also looks like Battlecat is endorsing it in tha Scratch. Live playing will convert me as part of a live set with Live 4. :D

By mwalker Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:10 pm
yo sparq, no one said you could not play the drums. stop being soooooooo defensive. i feel if anyone is producing music they should be able to play an instrument. the drums are my main instrument but i do play the piano and guitar also.

yo dubmunkey, why do i hate fruity loops, well i can not get into the work flow but there are allot people making some great tunes with it. i am not knocking fruity loops but it is not for me. it is a great app; tone modules, rewire, audio and vst. you can not ask for more but it is not for me. plus, after using cubase for 10 years and now using live4 i think fruity loops is a step backwards (imo).

yo elmacaco, "Software can do more, but it often puts more in the way of what you are trying to achieve." i agree with you 110%, one must develop a work flow. i had reason for 1 year before i started to use it. i just could not develop a workflow with reason when i first got it. now working with reason is second nature.

whether hardware or software workflow is the key to success. if your workflow is working for you why change. it like mickey ds stop selling burgers and start selling hot dogs. why? the burger has made mickey ds billions.

By skalawa Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:06 pm
me personally i am not comfortable with software, particularly mixing tracks on screen.
it has been found out that i personally cant balance my eyes with my ears, so i drag the fader on screen, i just cant seem to balance the levels, i dont listen anymore i watch the damn fader. i would need a control surface, even with these digital mixers, with all these features built in, i liked the dm2000 cause it had sepersate section for dynamics, and dedicated knobs.
basically software far outweighs hardware, your limited to pc power and your imagination.
not for me though, i would rather work on modules and mpc.

look on it , as to what your comfortable with, i like hip hop on hardware, dancehall on hardware, DnB on hardware and regae on software, can do far more realistic flams, when programming for those dub tracks,

By Penfold Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:13 pm
skalawa wrote:me personally i am not comfortable with software, particularly mixing tracks on screen.
it has been found out that i personally cant balance my eyes with my ears, so i drag the fader on screen, i just cant seem to balance the levels, i dont listen anymore i watch the damn fader. i would need a control surface, even with these digital mixers, with all these features built in, i liked the dm2000 cause it had sepersate section for dynamics, and dedicated knobs.
basically software far outweighs hardware, your limited to pc power and your imagination.
not for me though, i would rather work on modules and mpc.

look on it , as to what your comfortable with, i like hip hop on hardware, dancehall on hardware, DnB on hardware and regae on software, can do far more realistic flams, when programming for those dub tracks,

da man hit the nail on the head, its what your comfortable with!

By sparq Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:34 am
mwalker wrote:yo sparq, no one said you could not play the drums. stop being soooooooo defensive. i feel if anyone is producing music they should be able to play an instrument. the drums are my main instrument but i do play the piano and guitar also.

nah it's not like that. no defense. I just said you took it back for me because I haven't heard the term paradiddle in years. and when you responded, i just wanted to say that i'm not just one who repeat what i hear meaning i've been around drums so long that i knew what you were talking about. not only that but that i could play it too. my main instrument, like yourself, are the drums but you are up on me. I wish i could play another instrument, i mean really play another instrument. I fcku with the keys but i can't play the keys, know what i mean. put piano music in front of me and i'm lost. i know the scales and i know the notes but i couldn't put it together but put drum music in front of me and you would think i'm on the drum line.

nah... no hard feelings. it's cool.

By mpc4000xl Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:31 pm
PLEASE Stop The HARD VS SOFT CRAP ........................................

I LUV MY MPC n DMPRO ETC. But Still.............................

Sampletank 2 is MY (Baby).................

I Came Up on Tascam and Akai Reel 2 Reelz and NOW Enjoy Albino VSTi...

NOT everything NEW is Great ................NOT everything OLD is Trash......

And So Somthing like REASON IS PERFECT in MANY Cases ....................

U Get Racks N Plugs in the Back ........... U Also Get Memory plus Automation and Recall nuttin does it all But TO Make Music U Don't Need it 2...........................in the end its all about U and What U Do with WHATEVER U GOT..............

4 R E A L :!: ... :!: ... :!: ... :!:

By ikke Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:43 pm
El M wrote: Software can do more, but it often puts more in the way of what you are trying to achieve.

indeedy

By ikke Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:47 pm
mpc4000xl wrote:PLEASE Stop The HARD VS SOFT **** ........................................

U Get Racks N Plugs in the Back ........... U Also Get Memory plus Automation and Recall nuttin does it all But TO Make Music U Don't Need it 2...........................in the end its all about U and What U Do with WHATEVER U GOT..............

Hey man. I found a program wich lets you convert your sampletank instruments into akp, soudfont, giga, you name it. Its called Extreme Sample Converter.
I have conerted all my sti into akp´s. My MPC´s drive is nearly full :o
It only has troubles converting split velocity zones. It wont convert the right way..

By mwalker Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:59 pm
deleted

By mpc4000xl Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:41 am
ikke wrote:
mpc4000xl wrote:PLEASE Stop The HARD VS SOFT **** ........................................

Hey man. I found a program wich lets you convert your sampletank instruments into akp, soudfont, giga, you name it. Its called Extreme Sample Converter.
I have conerted all my sti into akp´s. My MPC´s drive is nearly full :o
It only has troubles converting split velocity zones. It wont convert the right way..

GOOOOOD LOOKIN" But ........MYself and Lampdog also(I Think) Have Spoken About AWAVE as A Converter Plus......................

This Program Does More Formats............

Updates mo' Regularly and Is Avaliable As shareware...............

THANX THO'

By dutch Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:06 am
I have reason 2.5 and I also have been beta testing the 3.0 and there is not much that is different to me there is still no precount. I guess I like my mpcs to much because when I use reason I try to use it like I was using my mpc 1000/2000XL.