Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Clint Mon May 03, 2010 1:07 pm
VSTAU is a FREE, Open Source VST to AU wrapper from KVR Audio.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/4187.html

From the developer:

VSTAU is an Audio Unit adapter that allows VST plug-ins to be used in AU hosts (i.e. This application creates wrappers for your VST plug-ins that will make them available as Audio Units in programs like Logic Pro and GarageBand).
By jazzroom Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Anyone knows a trick or a workaround to output Flex Time slices
to individual sliced audio files in Logic Studio 9 ,
so that it would b possible to load them into MPC?

is it possible at all ... ?
By Clint Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:34 pm
The MPC is a sampler.

Don't ever forget what that means.
By jazzroom Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:43 pm
clint246clint wrote:The MPC is a sampler.

Don't ever forget what that means.

r u saying that it is better to load whatever
the loop made/recorded/processed in Ligic into
MPC and Slice it there?
By jazzroom Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:31 am
Managed to configure Kontakt 4 as Sound module with MPC3000
but cannot figure out how to make Logic Studio 9 to act as a sound module

using Kontakt 4 VST or Logic instruments....

i know it involves lots of messing with the Invironment in Logic but i still can't figure it out :(

anyone could share Logic 9 setup or template ?
By Clint Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:46 pm
jazzroom wrote:cannot figure out how to make Logic Studio 9 to act as a sound module using Kontakt 4 VST or Logic instruments...i know it involves lots of messing with the Invironment in Logic but i still can't figure it out

Here is a tutorial I posted some time ago about using Logic Pro 8 as a sound module.

It does not involve messing with the environment at all and is pretty simple to setup providing you possess basic knowledge of the MPC and Logic. I see no reason why it shouldn't work with Logic 9, but I haven't tried it.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=97274

Answers to many of your questions will be in that thread, if you still have any post them there.
By psr Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:29 am
Not sure if its been mentioned here in this thread but I use these MPC 60 groove templates for timing in Logic. it swings nice and mpc like without much hassling around with settings in logic.

if you cant find them in the link below google em. there out there.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip- ... -free.html
By AntonPD Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:46 pm
(delete if not appropriate for this thread.. just thought id put it under 'logic')

i have 'inherited' an imac g5 (the first version, without webcam, 20"), right now, its running panther. i want to run logic 8 on it, so i need tiger or leopard.
which of those would you recommend? id guess tiger to be lighter, and ive read some forums that say early versions of leopard gave problems (cpu overloading and such).. however, i already have a leopard disc lying around here somewhere... im not done reading up about it yet, but i thought id ask anyway :)

EDIT: my plan for now: install leopard, see how that goes..
By Clint Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:35 pm
epps wrote:anyone know the easiest way of finding out the tempo of an acapella? or a sample for that matter

Find the tempo of the song the accapella came from to give you a base tempo, it will fluctuate throughout a track.

Im sure Logic has tools for that, but then you do have ears right?

Dont forget the MPC's TAP TEMPO function.
By thetechniquetv Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:57 am
I just made the jump to logic as well. Super dope all I can say is make a beat and whatever you need done just look it up and then just do it in logic. Otherwise you will spend time reading books and not making music. Apple shits on there competition...

Dave The Dopeman
(www.thetechnique.tv)
By Shostakovich Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:50 pm
epps wrote:anyone know the easiest way of finding out the tempo of an acapella? or a sample for that matter

Count the number of beats in 15 seconds and multiply that figure by 4.